Thursday, October 14, 2010

Do Over

I have been sooo careful about purchasing anything. When you go to a thrist store and you see

This large shelf, what is one to do??? First...look it over...then think, I've seen this in antique stores for a lot of money, and then.....look at the price...it was marked down from 14.99 I paid....are you ready...$8.00

It was stained, solid wood.
Home Depot carries Martha Stewerts paints now
and I found the exact color I needed.
I did a do over (aka - make over)
I have to call it a do over because this week is
"D" over at Jenny Matlocks class.
check it out at
Show and Tell Friday

12 comments:

Ames said...

You have such a creative vision! Love the shelf and the post.~ Ames

Anonymous said...

Some things are not meant to pass up...I think you would have kicked yourself if this didn't come home with you. Love the do over. Patty

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, you paid 8 dollars? And I love the bead board that you put in behind! Such a beautiful cupboardy thing.

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

You were very wise not to miss that opportunity.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

This is beautiful! I saw one locally and it was $49 which I thought was a good price!! :0)

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Four Paws and Co said...

Beautiful job Laurie! Love the colors & your collections.

Jenny said...

Eight dollars! That must be the deal of the year, Laurie.

I totally love the little shelf and the color you painted it is really cute.

Thanks for sharing your cute do-over with us!

And thanks for linking to Alphabe-Thursday.

A+

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

A great find! And a great re-purposing idea! That is awesome.

Blessings & Aloha!
I am sooooo far behind on reading the "D" posts! And it is already time for the "E" posts! I'm happy I got over here.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

$8.00!! Why you practicallt stole it, lol! That is a great deal for a really pretty piece!!

Barbara Jean said...

WOW! Great deal on a great shelf! Love it.

blessings
barbara jean

Blondie's Journal said...

Great price for such a treasure! You really brightened up, too with the paint!

XO,
Jane

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Great score on your shelf- it is beautiful! What an incredible price too!! Lucky you! Thank you for linking up to Feathered Nest Friday and sharing this. :)