Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bluebird & Blackberries


I thought I would share this watercolor painting with you. It is on very heavy watercolor paper.
I had a "moment" this week. We got a new bed, our bed was on a wooden platform. I thought it might be nice to have it put on a metal frame, (so I could stash more lace and buttons!) Well, while I in the bedroom my husband kindly brought in the metal frame and sat it on the floor in front of the bedroom door. Right then the cat chose to make an exit outside (he is strictly an indoor cat). We keep a can of cat food in the kitchen for when this happens. So, my husband hollars...GET THE CAN OF CAT FOOD!! So I run out of the bedroom, stub my toe on the metal frame and down I went...I hurt my left arm pretty bad and 3 days later I am soooo sore!! Well, the new bed is on the platform...forget that metal frame!! LOL Laurie

6 comments:

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Oh Poor you!! My cat is an indoor cat too! Hope the new bed is nice!

Charmingdesigns said...

The bed was worth the pain...well almost. lol. Laurie

Sugar Bear said...

Oh dear! I hope you heal quickly and that the cat gives you lots of love in return!
Karla

Anonymous said...

Your watercolor is beautiful!! I just found your blog by following a link on Picnic by Ellie. I have done some watercolor in the past but 3 kids and web design keep me too busy these days. Yours is so lovely I just had to comment!

Blessings,

Christi
Charm & Grace

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Thanks for Stopping by my Blog & entering the Drawing.... I Love How a Blog leads to a Blog to another Blog.... then you look at the clock and it has been hours!

Love Your Paintings, I have always wanted to take a Watercolor class, Maybe when I run out of other ideas....

I'll stop back often, Nice to find your place.
cheryl

Natasha Burns said...

Laurie your painting is magnificent! What a shame you are all sore!