Monday, June 25, 2007

Summer Daisies and Cherries



I have been getting requests to show the watercolor paintings I have done from my still life set-ups. I have this red wall in my office and a narrow black table in front of it that I love to set up my still lifes. I have this vintage metal pitcher and this red metal basket I found at my local antique shop. I love this green vase and the daisies came from my garden. I really want to stretch myself and not do a realisim but try for a bit looser, abstract look. It was so much fun to paint.

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Wow, thats lovely.

You are very talented, Laurie!

thevintageboquet said...

laurie, your are truly a great artist..love your vignettes and watercolor paintings..not to mention the little birdies!!! Deb

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

To be so talented!
You have an eye for color. Great contrasts!