Sunday, August 26, 2007

Roses painted on Vintage metal holder



I picked up this black metal "page" holder. I wonder if it was used back in the day of the typewriter to hold your paper that you were going to type from. Being metal. It would be a great place to attach a memo with a cute magnet, or to hold that scrapbooking page that you might be working on. I put this on my Ebay starting at a very low price. I painted roses all over it. If you can think of some more uses for this I would love to hear your comments.

6 comments:

Stampindamour said...

WOW!! Your painted roses look fantastic!! You are very talented! Let us know how much this ends up selling for on EBAY--I know someone out there will LOVE to add it to their SHABBY decor! :0)

-pamela

Lori said...

so beautiful!!!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

That is so gorgeous! I love what you have done with this, it's received a whole new lease on life!!
Lidy

Sugar Bear said...

Perfect! I can picture is holding a dinner party menu.
Karla

Mary said...

When I was a little girl my mother used those in her typing class:)
Loved getting to sit in with the big kids sometimes!
Your roses are Beautiful:) Love you sweet birds also.

Lisa Johnson said...

Just found you, not sure how, a link from someone elses blog I think. Anyway, your little pin cushions are adorable. By the way, we are practically neighbors. I live in Sherwood. I was just in Oregon City for the Antique Show last weekend. Will definitely bookmark your blog and check back often. You are one creative gal.

Lisa