Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Weathered wood

A few more photos from the old home. It is interesting...I'm taking another photography class from Jessica. So I am watching the way I photograph something. Which is the reason I had


I had to go back. Sometimes I forget that I need to take "blogging" photos. Like, all these photos are really neat, but as a blogger...didn't you want to see the big picture, the picture of

The whole mansion. Now I can show you the details in a fun way. The steps above were the "fall through" steps
Posted by PicasaAnd this doorway leading outside. I love the old handle and the hole underneath it. I took a close up of it too. I'm looking a the whole picture taking thing, in a new way and it is wonderful.
Tomorrow is another "color" blog with Jenny Matlock,
I need to go check and see what the color will be....see you tomorrow

9 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

How terribly sad that is fell into such shape..Gotta love love those old beauties!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Love these pics, Laurie. You are teaching us all an entirely new way of looking at things. I love it!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Adrienne said...

Loving your photos. Can't wait to see more of the old mansion! I need to take some classes. It would be fun and good way to 'force' me out of the routine of life with my camera more often.
~Adrienne~

The Joy of Nesting said...

OMG Little Miss,
That is some seriously cool patina albeit eye blinding expensive!! You are getting so professional with your photography. You have a real gift to be able to show the emotions&feelings of the scene!! Oh I see some amazing collage projects in your future!! :)

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

PS I'm home!! Yea!!

Barbara Jean said...

Great weathered woods,and wonderful pics.

blessings

barbara jean

宛淑芳真 said...

所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債.................................................................

Natasha Burns said...

love the photos of the old mansion Laurie! can't wait to see more of it :)
have fun in your photography classes! i'm really enjoying learning how to use my "new" camera at the moment :)

Viki said...

That is a really neat looking with the rounded door. Cool.

My name is PJ. said...

My favorite was the little boy in the teeshirt. CUTE!!