Sunday, June 7, 2009

Altered Bottles / Laces and Goodies

I've been sleeping pretty well lately...until last night!! It all started with an invite...my husby invited me to go with him to Eugene, its an hour drive, and I would have the car to do whatever I wanted for 1 1/2 hours...and brunch at a very nice hotel...how could I pass it up..right! I only got to a fabulous quilt fabric store and an antique mall and the to-die-for art store before he called and said to pick him up...The photo up above are...fabric samples from an upholstery/gift shop
bottles from the Goodwill that I came home and immediately soldered the tops
I found this beautiful doily, pin. Then at the art store these metallic crayons, and the pens are for Monday when Stacey and I are taking our Fanciful Letter class
Look at these beautiful fabrics and laces. We then went to Ben Franklin where I got these LARGE glass pieces, cant wait to try those out...We went to Costco while down there and a couple of shops that we found as we were driving around...it was such a fun relaxing day. When I got home I worked on the bottles...oh yes, I found a couple more wooden things, I'll share them tomorrow...anyway...I didn't sleep at all last night...I was crafting ALL night long, my body may have been asleep, but my mind wasnt!! lol Never good to go shopping right after payday.lol

7 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

That sounds like a great day - and your "finds" are great! I can't wait to see what you do at the lettering class - be sure to show us!

The Joy of Nesting said...

Oye Little Miss!!!!

What a great haul!!! The lace and doilies are amazing!! Oh and metalic crayons!!!!! :) Well we all know I have a small addiction problem to Crayola Crayons!!!
((Giggle))

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Unknown said...

Your finds are awesome! I have some pens like that, too! I love that brand. I love the dual tip feature, as well.

Well, have fun making some goodies with the large glass rounds! I'm sure you'll come up with some fabulous things! :)

Lisa said...

Neat stuff! Can't wait to see what it makes!
Hugs,Lisa

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What a fun day in Eugene. Is school out now? Was it quiet?

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Tolentreasures said...

Love everything and what a nice day that had to be. I have crafted all night many nights! Mind on overdrive. Can't wait to see what the fanciful letter class is.

Cathy

Journal Swag said...

Beautiful Laurie!! I love it all. What a fun day! I love it when something like that happens! Hurray!

Sheila