Friday, June 12, 2009

PINK Saturday

I listened to everyones wonderful ideas on my lettering...I'll have to go back over my comments to see who came up with this idea so I can give her a tag...I'll let you know who it is. Anyway, when I paint...some days I feel like painting light and airy, sometime very antiquey and aged. So, when I got started working on the letters, I had to make some corrections which means I had to try to hide it by antiquing it...I darkened the eggs a bit...I like how it turned out. Thank you all for your input! Did I mess it up?? lol
I wont be able to post tomorrow, so I'm getting an early start. I just finished another order for magnets using watercolor paper and watercolors.

I just finished this too. I painted a piece of canvas layering pinks and tans to get an old aged look. I then wanted the bird and rose to look aged too. The green fabric is a piece of silk that was a blouse a touch of lace, piece of vintage music, old buttons. a bit of bling.
Please check out Beverly from How Sweet the Sound for a list of participants.

18 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh I love the magnets!! The snowmen are cute and the pink ones... well their pink need I say more?!!
Love them all!
Hugs, Lisa

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It turned out beautifully! I love it!

Four Paws and Co said...

It's so much prettier now! ☺ Diane

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Saturday Laurie! Your paintings are beautiful! I love your little bluebird.

Have a great weekend.

Tina

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Fabulous canvas!


~ Gabriela ~

♥Mimi♥ said...

Beautiful and fun Pink Saturday blog entry! It's a little gloomy outside today (hope the sun comes out) but your blog and a little cup of tea are giving me a little sun!

Happy Pink Saturday. Sending you good wishes from the tip of Michigan for a special weekend filled with sun, surrounded by those you l♥ve.

stefanie said...

love your magnets..happy pink saturday, thanks for sharing!!! have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

The magnets are so cute. Love that little pineapple stuck in there with all the roses and stuff, that's so funny! LOL!

Your "Nest" is darling! :)

Unknown said...

Absolutely precious creations! You are very talented!

HaPpY PiNk SaTUrdAy!

Cheers! =D
~Kitty Kellie
The Artful Paper Doll

Four Paws and Co said...

Happy PINK Saturday! ♥ Diane

Tara said...

Love the bird! It's so creative and pretty. Have a Happy Pink Day and a loveleigh weekend!

Claudia said...

Great tips!!

Love love love magnets-- I need ideas, bring them on.

TTFN~~Claudia

Claudia said...

Lovely work! Happy Pink Saturday!

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

Darling creations as always sweetie!! So cute!! Congrats on being in Somerset mag!! I bought a copy on our trip and was thrilled to see you in there :-) We really need to get together one of these days since we live so close :-) I hope you are having a fabulous weekend!! huge hugs!!! Britt :-)

Nancy said...

I'm in love with all. Each one has parts that are so special to me. Happy Pink Saturday!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday. I am late for my pinky round. :-) i love the magnets.. so beautiful

Hope you have a great week!

Phyllis said...

It's perfect!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Wowzer!