Tuesday, June 9, 2009

sad news

I don't want to rehash what happened again, but for those of you have a been with me, remember Staceys friend that was in jail. The judge sentenced him today...10 years in prison. He's the toughest judge that is in our court system. No one ever wants him to be there judge. There is no doubt that Stacey will stay in contact with him...they were never best friends, just friends, they've just known each other for a long time and he has lost most of his friends over this ordeal. So now it is a bit of a burden to know that she cant and won't stop being his friend...but 10 years is a looooong time. I've never even met him. We went and saw him sing yeeeeers ago at a talent show at the Fair. It is just so sad...there are so many horrible people that get out of jail with a slap on the hand, I'm sure the judicial system does the best they can, but I also know they can screw-up.

6 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Sorry to hear that...I know someone going through something quite similar. The court system has many problems.

Carrie

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh, I'm sorry for Stacey - give her our best and tell the young man to be strong.. :-(

Lisa said...

So sorry to hear it. I hope it all turns out ok in the end. And yes considering what he did he does not deserve this.
Hugs,Lisa

Betty said...

I am so very sorry for the young man and for Stacey, who is such a kind friend to keep in touch with him. I'm sure he will appreciate her so much. We can only hope for early release for good behavior, or whatever other reason he could get out sooner than 10 years. Take care, my friend.

Sherry Goodloe said...

Ooooh Laurie, I am so sorry to learn of that young mans fate. Hoping with good behavior his sentence will reduced.

In the meantime, having a friend like Stacey will help him through this. You have a kind-hearted daughter. Friends like that are far and few between.

Stacey said...

Okay, this is weird. I just happened upon your blog today while doing a bit of blog hopping. I haven't yet read what happened, but ummm . . my name is also Stacey and I have a loved one in prison who's been there for the past 15 years and counting ~ I write him at least weekly, sometimes more. He was given an extremely stiff sentence for his crime in which sooooo many people are simply given a fine for. I know the pain of having a loved one in prison with a long sentence and will pray for Stacey (is she your daughter?). I pray for her friend as well. Take Care! ~Stacey