Sunday, October 30, 2011

Painted Pages

This worked so great, clear gesso on plaster pages then scratched on detal, then paint. my favorite out of everything I tried...now for a brief interruption... cookie goodness....
First I had to share a bite of the BEST cookie EVER. We found a new little shop in Santa Monica.
Dark chocolate caramel cookie, made fresh. So good, if you ever thought paying $3 for a cookie was outrageous... Nope, best $3 I have spent in a long time!
Now on to the painted pages, I wanted to try different mediums on my pages, I'm just going for
backgrounds right now. White Gesso, no good
This is raw plaster, no good, soaked right in
Digital white ground, mixed with the paint instead of water, went on really smooth.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Thanks for sharing this info Laurie =)) I had clear and white, and haven't tried either yet....