Monday, December 12, 2011

A Couple of Snowmen

I tried something new...I bought some mirror spray paint...and I followed the instructions from JoAnnA.. it didn't go so well, It might look better once I solder it... I don't know, I had to try.
Then I've been following Tim Holtz 12 days of Christmas tags. I don't have a lot of his supplies,
but I took my favorite tag and "made it my own". I painted and cut out the snowman, covering him in the crackle. I used glimmer mist on the tag. I wanted you to be able to see all the shine and shimmer.
I hand dyed the ribbon to match...anyway, if you go to his blog, I took his #4 tag
I get so frustrated with Blogger for mixing up the photos and I don't like taking the time to do one at a time...anyone else have that problem?? I was trying to make the snowman look vintage and then the two pieces of glass I "mirrored" but when I put them together...not a great look

3 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

YOur snowmen are cute! I haven't gotten into the "holtz" things as I have enough of other stuff! LOL!
Deb :)

Blessings from Cindy said...

It is hard to tell by the pic if the mirror is a good look or not. I love the snowmen paintings & the glitter mist look. I'm with you, I'd have to see the mirror~look completed. I love how you show all you do on a project. I'll have to check out Tim's site.
Blessings,
Cindy

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

You know, we have to try new mediums and processes..some work, some don't..but no wmatter what, your snowmen are always happy and adorable!