Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Everything is coming up ROSES

 I thought you might enjoy going along with me on my journey of painting roses...I love to take a class. Learn everything I can, then make it my own. I did the one above right after class, I did the one below last night, from my own photos. I have a long way to go...
Looking at these pictures I see a problem...Christie had us use a limited pallet, by doing that, I'm afraid they will always be the same color. I come from a world of craft paints in every color, I may have to add a few.
I also used no white, just titian buff, that could change things up.

2 comments:

Blessings from Cindy said...

Laurie~
I don't think you can do it wrong, can you? Adding your own talent is what makes it made by you & that is special!! Your roses are beautiful!!
Hugs & Blessings,
Cindy

Barbara Jean said...

They are wonderful. cannot believe they are your first efforts.
Roses can be hard!

blessings and keep on painting those roses. =)

barb