Friday, March 7, 2008

Robins Egg Blue Bird Pincushion




oops, I forgot to allow comments. Isn't their a way to have it do that without having to hit that button every time??
I am sooo excited about this pincushion. I just LOVE it!! It is now listed on my ebay.
You know how you start something and it doesn't quite come together, that is what happened here, I had the pincushion done weeks ago and just set it aside, I went to my local scrap booking store and picked out, yet another, Glimmer Mist. Robin's Egg Blue...so beautiful. I came home and dived right in, I dyed the wool a pale blue when it was almost dry I spritzed with with this Glimmer Mist. I LOVED IT. So I ran in and got the white wool felt and dipped, spritzed and dried it too. THEN I went to my stash of Ribbons, got out this beautiful silk ribbon and spritzed it!! IT ALL CAME TOGETHER! It needed more detail, so while sitting in the car on the way to have lunch in Portland I add the stitches to flowers and leaves. Of course I added my sparkly pins. Some with Martha Stewerts glitter and some with glass glitter. Well, if that wasn't enough, I painted up a matching cupcake in watercolor...look at that CUTE flower!! Its just like the one on the pincushion....way to much fun!! Let me know how you like this one!! I love your comments! My 200th blog is coming up soon...I will be giving away one of my birdies!! Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

I LOVE This pincushion!!! YOur creations are always so lovely!

Vee said...

What a sweet pincushion! Love it!

Linda said...

Hi Laurie,
I just found your blog through Kari & Kijsa's Spring blessings. I love your little birdie pincushions this one especially it looks just like Spring has sprung.
Cheers Linda

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh Laurie, I'm sitting here with mom in the livingroom since we just got her home from the hospital, and I'm showing her all your beautiful things..here on the laptop. You are so talented! I love just looking at each post, from one end to the other.