Thursday, January 21, 2010

Alphabe-Thursday/Friday


This blog is new to me. I have decided to join in the fun. Please check out this blog http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/ She is a wonderful writer. I’ll be adding my blog to her Mr. Linky. I know I said I wouldn’t be back until Pink Saturday, but I found this blog and I wanted to join in the fun. I need some fun. Another blogger mentioned this Live Writer…so I signed up and I’m giving it a try. So, for my first letter…A… is for my longest best friend. Her name is Aletha…I love her name, always have.. it is so unique…she is so unique, and she is always there for me. We are suppose to write about the first thing that pops into our mind…A the perfect letter and word for my first Thursday…Alphabe-Thursday…Please come join me in the fun.

15 comments:

laterg8r said...

that is so sweet to choose your best friend - i agree she has a beautiful name :D

Viki said...

I have never heard of that name either. It's lovely.

GardenOfDaisies said...

That is a pretty name. I knew an Oletha once.

Jenny said...

Oh what a beautiful, beautiful name. It is almost like music! She sounds lovely. Thanks for playing! A+ for you!

Amy said...

Thank God for great friends!

Kat said...

I've never heard that name either, but it's really pretty. And I love that you chose your best friend as the inspiration for this post! Kathy

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

That's a very unique name..

Unknown said...

Glad you've joined in the Alphabe-Thursday fun. Unique name ... I like it.

RNSANE said...

Best friends are so important in our lives...I can't wait for the letter "M" to write about mine. She's been with me for 45 years now, since we were nursing school classmates together. I can't wait to honor her as you did your friend!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful name!
How lucky to have such a sweet friend!
Judy

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Friends are the best and what a wonderful name!

Unknown said...

I love the name too and I love having a best friend...they are the greatest arent they? I am in the Alphabe' too, come by and visit...melinda

Jo said...

I have never heard of that name ... its sounds lovely.

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

How sweet to chose your friend! Isn't this fun! Come visit me too!

Sarah said...

Here I am late to the first Alphabe-Thursday class. Please don't tell Mrs. Matlock.
I'm so glad you shared A is for Aletha. . . a thoughtful, heartfelt post. Reminds me of a favorite quote from Saint Exupery, "You to me are unique in all the world." See you on Thursday. That is if I'm not late again. LOL