Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Start Over

Is it possible to start the new year over again??? I got a call yesterday saying I could get in to the dentist this morning. Great. I showed up at 9 am. He stuck me with "THE" needle, in my jaw. I waited the allotted time...and he started drilling...WOWZER! he hit a nerve...so, more of "THE needle...this went on for half an hour, he never could deaden the nerve!!! I told him just "DO IT" I wanted to get it behind me. The sweet little helper gal...was working on my temp. crown....It went flying across the room and out the door. Then she cracked it and had to start all over...then I was told there was a good chance I'll have to have a root canel. I have so many holes poked in my gum It is soooo sore. When I got home I thought it might be a good idea to take a pain pill. Well, that just turns me into mush, and I had book work to do... I enlisted the help of my husband. It actually went very well. I was able to keep him on track with only a couple minor mistakes.

Then it was time to rest. My sweet kitty came and laid on my tummy. I got to laughing, he snored, sneezed, wheezed, squeeked...tummy grummbled, stretched, scratched, nuzzled, rolled, scooted. My goodness, why couldn't he just lay there.lol

4 comments:

LR said...

oh my. the dentist is like my second home :-). i've crowns, root canals like crazy so i know exactly what you are talking about. i hope you begin to feel better.

Adrienne said...

Oh, no! I have a story or two that sounds so similar. So sorry it's not been a good start for you this year. Take care and get better. Love your cats - they're such entertainment. For us, anyway. ~Adrienne~

GardenOfDaisies said...

Sorry you had such a tough time at the dentist. :-(

Simply Heart And Home said...

Laurie,

I broke my tooth after Christmas and it was to the dentist for me. He did a root canal and a temporary crown. It really wasn't very painful (I'm happy to say). The "real" crown will take a week or so more.

Hope you aren't in too much discomfort.

Gina