Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

My dad had the mildest stroke there is. His speech is slurred. They gave him some drugs and blood thinner and sent him home the same day as the stroke. Its been one day and what does the man do
drives across town to Costco to get laundry soap...mind you, there is a grocery store a mile down the road...but no, he endangers himself and everyone around him by driving when he told my mom "I feel kinda funny, not quite myself". I talked to my mom today, she doesn't remember anything, absolutely nothing. I had a good cry the night it happened, came home and have been reading the comments you, my blogging friends, have left me. I am touched beyond words. I knew this blogging was special, but until you really need it, you just don't know. Thank you so much. It makes me
feel so much better...really, I treasure each and every one of you! I'll be back for Pink Saturday
until then...I love you all!!

5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I am so glad your Dad is doing OK. I hope you are feeling better now and we will see you Saturday!

Sandy said...

Oh Laurie I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I pray that your situation improve.

Teacup Lane (Sandy)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

It can be so hard when a person is stubborn and they think they're "OK" - to drive, to cook , to do the things they once did so easily. Frightening as well, not only for the person, but I hear the love and concern you have for others.
Let's pray he recognizes his limitations and doesn't endanger anyone, including himself.

You take it easy my friend..

Miss Rhea said...

I am SO glad he is ok. I did pray for him and You, sweetie, just forgot to comment and let you know !! Hope this next week goes better for you and He continues to heal quickly ( and stays home, no driving ! :) ) Hugs to YOU !!!! :) :)

Adrienne said...

You have been in my thoughts and prayers much since I heard about your dad. I'm glad it wasn't worse but perhaps he shouldn't have been released to go home so soon. Bloggy hugs until I see you for real ones! ~Adrienne~