Monday, January 25, 2010

Check this Out

Years ago we had some friends that had a couple of sons. We were on vacation with them, I remember the sweet southern boys playing with Stacey when she was around 4. We have since
lost contact with them. But, I facebooked them one day... One son, Joby Ogwyn, was on facebook. When I realized this was the same Joby...I had just watched him on a National Geographic Adventure show...I didn't make the connection at the time... Look what this guy is doing now...(long intro, but worth waiting for) Google: Wingman Joby Ogwyn. I tried to link it, but I couldn't,
Its on youtube.

When he summited Everest in 1999, he was the youngest American to ever scale its legendary routes; he's also the youngest mountaineer in history to ascend the Seven Summits (the highest peak on each continent).

And, in 2005, Ogwyn made history by smashing the speed ascent record of an 8,000 metre peak: the Tibetan peak, Cho Oyo, demolishing the previous record by nearly 2.5 hours.

1 comment:

The Joy of Nesting said...

Isn't it fun to see the different paths people we have known have taken??? Just a couple of weeks ago someone sent me the link to Greg Mortenson's book "The Cups of Tea" Lo and behold back in 1980-81 he worked for me one summer as a nurses aid while going to Nursing school! :)

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.