Sunday, February 13, 2011

What a fun day.

We were driving down Melrose, just looking around...and there was a sea of tents...oh yes...Do you know what it means when you see a sea of tents...well, one of two things, its going to be a Farmers Market, or a Flea Market...Then we saw this sign...
I've heard of it, funny thing, the car just turned right into the empty parking spot...it has a way of doing that!!

It was only a $2 entry fee...really different, if I was to give it a style name, it would be bohemian retro. Lots of vintage shoes/boots


Love this, not sure what the guy was doing sitting on the ground



I've never really seen a mannie, quite so dressed up (more shoes)





Not so much bling




cool hats...hope there arent any kooties, lots people trying them on






Love this guy, makes the best benches








Love the distressed wood







and this...dog bed???



Then we had lunch at the Grove, Farmers Market, dont you just love their carts



never had a PO'BOY, so we shared a Blackend Salmon
delish, but HOT


Then we were driving around some more...and saw some more tents.
this time a farmers market...love the Calla Lily's

Spring time daiseys






Fresh radishes, people were snapping them up



Then it was time to head home, our home is down there in the trees
love that the mountains are so near by


In the other direction, the sun was setting...whew, what a day, and to have it end with a view of this sunset...delightful




A sea of orange. I love a beautiful sunset!!!
I hope you enjoyed taking this tour with me.
I may have mentioned this a time or two...
I LOVE SO. CALIFORNIA!!!


















3 comments:

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Looks like such a cool place to go, Laurie! And I always love your photos! Awesome sunset!

Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

From The Heart said...

What awesome photos.
You make So. California sound like a place I would like to be!
Happy Valentine Day! Much love!
Shirley

Adrienne said...

Happy Valentine's Day, my friend. I'm so glad you are loving where you are. Have a wonderful filled with more joy than you can imagine!
~Adrienne~