Wednesday, September 19, 2007

For the birds

I went to this wonderful bead shop in Truckee, it had the best ribbon ever! See the ribbon on the right. It is a wire mesh ribbon from Turkey. It looks great around my birds necks!
Went to an Antique shop in Lake Tahoe she had 6 of these stiffened lace cones, I cant wait to put a birdie in one of these!
Then in Sisters there was this stunning ribbon that is used with yarns...oh, but I had another idea in mind ! I actually stiched this onto the bird to keep it poofie. Oh yes, a couple soup spoons!!
When I got home I had my newest toy waiting for me...Its called a wizard and then they sell these dies that cut your paper..I was hoping it would work on my watercolor paper Yahoo!! I Love it!!! Now Im going to go broke getting more of these dies! I think I'm getting into FALL! Do you like my pumpkins?? It takes me longer to figure out what to do with the painting, then doing the actual painting! LOl Hope you enjoyed my pictures!

7 comments:

Pinkie Denise said...

I love the hand crocheted lace cones. I can't wait to see what you do with them. They are so great and so is your blog

Miss Rhea said...

I love your tags !! I want them, I hope you list them. Pretty please !!

Carolyn said...

I love the lace cones ! And all your bird things , i love birds too ! ;o)

thanks for your sweet comment , i`ll be back ;o)

carolyn

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

The ribbons are just beautiful! And Laurie, those little birdies are just sooooooo precious!!!! I really, really love them!! And your hang tags, and I love the watercolors and the pumpkins are great! Love it all!!!! What a talented soul you are!
Well done!
Hugs,
Barbara

Sugar Bear said...

I love your pumpkins! You should definitely sell these.
Karla

Unknown said...

You must have so much fun finding new little homes for your little birdies! I love your creativity!

KJ

Artifax said...

I love those cones! How cool are those? And all those fantastic ribbons! I'm loving all the little holiday birds you're making!

Your swap package is now officially in the mail :) Hope you like them!