Thursday, July 2, 2009

Newborn Birthday Cupcake

Here's what happens when a baby want to come into the world early. A friend of our family went into labor a few days early...I didn't have my gift painted yet. aaaach!. last night Stacey called me to say she was heading to the hospital to be with her friend...I had an extra one of the 12x12 boards. I ran outside and spray painted it in a flat white. Came in, dried it with the hair dryer. Did a quick sketch and started painting. the babies colors are soft pink and brown. I had 3 hours from start to finish to get this finished...I did it. LOL
I am going to put the wire hanger on it...and I"m off to the hospital!! (on the back I sprayed it with black chalkboard paint!)

8 comments:

Four Paws and Co said...

Laurie, You're so talented! I just love it & I bet mom did too! ☺ diane

Unknown said...

Cuteness! :)

Alison Gibbs said...

Laurie such a sweet gift.
Alison

Lisa said...

What an awesome gift!! And the chalk board on back is great!!
Well Done You!
Hugs, Lisa

Julie said...

I just wanted to stop by and wish you a very happy 4th of July! Have a wonderful weekend.

Susie Jefferson said...

This is wonderful - just shows what you can do when under pressure, and it doesn't look like you hurried at all! I really love this, and I bet everyone at the hospital was in raptures (not just the new mother).

Journal Swag said...

WOW! you rock!

Sheila

icandy... said...

What a cute gift that turned out to be! You'd never know it was a last-minute project! You did a great job finishing that in a hurry!!!!

Christina ")