Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Texture Crackle

I read about this Crackle and had to get some. Micheals carries it.
I purchase primed canvas by the yard at my art store. I slathered the crackke med. on with a palette knife. I let it dry over night...Look at those cracks!! Big cracks where it was thicker.
I then sketched on a little nest.
I was wondering what watercolors would do, I wanted it to sink into the cracks.
This is a close up after I used permanent pins in black and brown
I sprayed it with a "fixative"
It is now ready to stitch to a fabric background
This was so much fun, give it a try!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Cool! You make the best stuff! And you really seem to love it!!
Hugs, Lisa

Coleen said...

omg!! this is gorgeous!!

Heart Hugs,
Coleem

Angela Harris said...

You did such a beautiful job on this project. I would like to try that crackle product too. I will look for it the next time I'm at Michaels. thanks so much for coming by my blog to enter my giveaway!

Vicki Chrisman said...

I havent used it for a while.. I think I need to pull it out. Love what you did with it! Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie! Thanks for the comment on my blog earlier today! I'm so glad to hear you got it! I will be looking forward to your post on Saturday, then! I'm glad you like it! :)
((Hugs))!
~TattingChic

Wildflowerhouse said...

Love it. Have a dumb question. Did you stitch it down by had or machine? Was it hard and think and did it stitch ok.? Maybe that was a few dumb questions. Sorry but really want to know... Thanks Sharon

Bunny said...

Very interesting, can't wait to see the final piece.

sharon said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog...Patti is a doll too! WOW...you have some amazing things and ideas, thanks for sharing those!!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Whoa! That's too cool! Love your nest and the golden colors..

Rochelle said...

That crackle stuff looks amazing! I love your bird's nests too!
XOXO
Rochelle

Susie Jefferson said...

Wow, what a great effect. I wonder if we can get this in the UK - I haven't seen anything giving such lovely deep cracks, especially as a single application! Thanks for sharing.