Monday, May 17, 2010

Computer Desk

This desk also belonged to my grandmother, I can remember her sitting here to write out her checks. I have been wanting to paint it, just need to make the time.
The weird folding door behind this opens to the office, I wont be using it. I would like to find some kind of screen to cover it up.
I went blog surfing today. It actually made me a little sad. In order for us to make this move
to So. Calif, I had to "give" my antiques away at a garage sell. I feel a little naked, my house is now extremely clean and uncluttered. I like the cleanliness, but I feel like a little of ME is missing. I am taking my time to hang my picutes, I want to paint a big canvas with a pear to put in our dining room.
I am going to go watch the Laker game. I'll have another photo tomorrow.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

I loved seeing your grandmother's desk and your new computer. Do you want me to send you some of what I got from you? Or, better yet - bring it to you? Oh, I forgot, we're going to do the Flea Market. We could start practicing so your house gets decorated sooner!
~Adrienne~

Lisa said...

:( Sorry about your treasures going away. I feel lucky to have some. They are just things and you can get more. I too think if I started over I wouldn't have so much. Too busy. Just hard to know what to part with. Go Lakers!
Hugs, Lisa

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Best wishes as you begin to put the "you" back into your new place.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, Laurie. Your new home isn't quite "home" yet because you haven't added your own touches. With your talent...it won't take long!

Blessings,
Diane

The Joy of Nesting said...

Oh My Gosh Little Miss!!

I'm sooooo sorry I'm soooooo far behind on my visit!!! Please forgive me I haven't been a very good Kindred sister this week! :( I promise to do better!!

Please be patient with yourself!! It won't be long before you have some wonderful new vintage pieces, if I know you!! ;) There are all those wonderful flea markets you will just have to check out!!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.