Friday, May 14, 2010

Los Angeles National Forest

When I was young and moved to California, being from Oregon, I laughed when I saw the
sign that said LA National Forest...What forest...I was use to large trees, a forest so thick you
couldnt see very far.

There is a road just 2 blocks away that takes you up to the mountains. Yesterday morning
my husband and I got up early and took a drive up there. Now, I appreciate the beauty that I saw. The above pictures is a beautiful stream way way down

We took a moment here and there to get out of the car and gaze. Its not Oregon, but it is wonderful to find a treasure so close to where we live. We found a place to go fix some breakfast one morning, we are looking forward to that


And then there are the sweet kitties. Cracked me up. This is what I found when I woke up this morning. They wouldn't even get up and say hi...nope, they were loving the sunshine!!



3 comments:

The Joy of Nesting said...

Yeah Hooooo

It sounds like you guys are settling quite well!!! How far are you away from any of the flea markets???

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

PS Pictures of your new digs in Bloglandia would be sooooo cool!!

Anonymous said...

Laurie, well, it sure looks like your kitties have settled into their new home quite well! LOL!

Diane

Adrienne said...

So glad you found a pretty place to drive. You would LOVE our weather these last few days - sunny, warm and gorgeous! Wishing it could stay but we know it will change in a couple of days. Maybe 'they' are wrong! Reminds me of the weather where you are.
~Adrienne~