Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bowl of Sugar & Birdie




I found this beautiful Sugar Bowl and just knew it would be perfect for a lacey sugary pincushion with one of my little birdies sitting on top. By now you know I love this gimmer mist, so I dyed these vintage flowers with different colors and then gave the whole thing a spritz of the irdecent gold. Just a little shimmer on the mound of "sugar". My Ebay

Ok, I forgot to mention that it was the wonderful Jen & Jacque that tagged me...you know, the whole 7 things... well, I am not one to do things normally, so I thought I would just give you 7 days of my weird things about me...so... No. 2 would be : I hate to be the center of attention. Thats why I was a little skeptical about starting one of these blogs, but Holly was such a sweetie in getting me into this...I love it. I think this blogging is the best thing that ever happened to me, I have had nothing but wonderful feedback from every person that comes across my blog. So, Thank You! One more issue...I told you on my last blog that my last name had been Fred...Did I mention that my married name is "May" and yes...I am asked every day..."How is thay spelled?" LOL I thought you all might enjoy that one! I'll be back tomorrow with No. 3

7 comments:

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

oooh!!! how adorable!!! love them!!!

Natasha Burns said...

Beautiful birdy!!! LOL they can't spell May??? I dread to think how they go with February!

Unknown said...

too cute. where did you say you could get that glimmer mist and what exactly can you use it on?

kari and kijsa said...

You have the cutest stuff....all we are glittering at our blog is pumpkins. LOL! Have a blessed day.

kari and kijsa

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie, another gorgeous birdie to tempt us with !! Natasha is so right, that is just so funny!! Have a great week! Jenn and Jacqui xo

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Oh my goodness; my maiden name was "May"! And yes, we were often asked how it was spelled, and always said "like the month"!!

Your bird creations are always sooooo beautiful!
:)

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting The Plum Tree's blog ~ and for your sweet words about the beds that I painted! You probably really could embellish them beautifully ~ you're so talented! I love this bird and the sugar dish! I do have a personal blog and would love for you to stop by and see me ~ xxoo, Dawn