Thursday, December 20, 2007

A little story

I woke up early this morning, I'm propped up here in bed with my kitty's and hubby and box of tissues. Yesterday I HAD to go to the Christmas party. They keep track of who shows up...my daughter offered to drive me up to Portland (she really just wanted to go to Ikea! lol) So that was nice. I am so fortunate to have a daughter as a best friend. I have had a chance to read some wonderful stories here in blog land...I thought I'd share a short one. One year my brother was going to be coming home from Collage. My mom had bought a huge box of chocolates for the occasion...now, that was a BIG thing!! We never had deserts, or TV in our family.
I found the box of chocolates hiding up in my parents closet...so for two weeks I would sneak in and take down that beautiful box of candy, I would take out a few pieces, turned them over, dig out and eat the insides************AND PUT THEM BACK!! Then my brother came home, mom asked me to get this box of chocolate. OH! What was I thinking???? So I brought it to the living room. It got passed around.....the room got quiet. Mom was quiet shocked...I HAD to confess, there wasn't anyone else to blame it on!! ...There was a lot of laughing!! I didn't even get in trouble. Needless to say, it was never forgotten and always the topic at a get-together.**********************************************Thank you all for all your kindness about being sick! I think I'm on the mend!

6 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Oh that is so FUNNY!!!! Love your story!

Alison Gibbs said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.
What a funny story.
Alison

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

oh i love love love your birdies,do you take orders to Australia,i love the spoon one (I love them all)
I am at
nedman1@bigpond.com
and i mean for after Christmas
love your story too lol
Jullie

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Very funny story! Feel better!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie, you are soo funny, we love to visit you always make us smile! You'll be back to good health in no time. Merry Christmas Laurie to you and your family, we hope you have a wonderful day :) Jenn and Jacqui

Julie said...

Great Story! I hope you get the rest you need and feel better very soon. If you need something to do, there is a Christmas story and a tribute to my Mom on my blog.