Friday, December 21, 2007

Little story # 2

Ok, you know how when you don't feel good but things still have to get done...
I have a tenant that lives here that said all of a sudden her front door won't stay closed and she couldn't get the dead bolt to hold (the building shifted)
well...its kinda important to be able to close and lock your door...
so I bundled up...(did I mention that I'm also the maintenance man too LOL) and took her locks and knobs apart...found out what the issue was... So...when I was finished, I tried the key and it was a bit hard to turn and so was the knob...
I just wanted to go back to bed!!!
So I ran to the utility room grabbed a can...and went back and sprayed and sprayed and sprayed this stuff into every holes and crevice...it usually drips so I had my rag and was wiping it down....but the cloth kept sticking....so I kept spraying and spraying....
Now here's the problem...when I'm walking, driving...I don't wear my glasses....when the rain is coming down in buckets...(like it was) I don't wear my glasses, so...they usually live on top of my head....
ok, back to the story...
I finally put on my glasses and looked at the can of "PERMANENT BONDING ADHESIVE SPRAY"....OH CRAP!!!! (what else could I say!!)
So, I ran back to the storage shed...right next to where the BONDING spray was, was a can of WD 40...now my locksmith said not to use it, it will get gummy inside the lock...Well, it COULDN'T get any gummier and stickier then it was so...I sprayed and prayed ,and sprayed.....and prayed, I DID NOT want to have to replace those locks again!!!She didn't call me to say she was "stuck" in her house...so all is well.
Well, I hope you enjoyed a little laugh about me....the bed sure did feel good when I got back in it!!!

****UPDATE******
Cans are now separated!!

8 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh thank you so much! I really needed a good laugh. Such a pain when you forget to wear your glasses when you need them to read.
Have a fun christmas. make sure those 2 cans are never placed side by side again.
Have a Merry Christmas.
Alison

Natasha Burns said...

That was so funny!!! I've done the same thing on a pastel painting, instead of spraying fixative I used spray adhesive!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie, oh gosh that is so funny !!! Well not funny if it stuck shut for good!! Wishing you a Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones Laurie, hope your day is special, as you are! Little birdies are all settled, we have QUITE a collection now and love everyone :) Jenn and Jacqui

Cathy M said...

Hope you start feeling better real soon. I can't believe all this stuff happened. But...since I'm on the other side of the fence...this is so FUNNY! I almost wet my pants! Wait a few days when you are feeling better and when you tell this story it will be funnier! TFS

Cathy said...

Laurie,

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Holiday Season and a Very Happy New Year.

Cathy

Sugar Bear said...

Oh dear! That is too funny though I'm quite sure it wasn't so funny as you were going through it. Hope that lock stays unstuck! Merry Christmas to you.
Karla

Unknown said...

Heehehee! That post really had me rolling with laughter!

Julie said...

ha ha - "sprayed and prayed"! That is classic!!