Saturday, November 17, 2007

Handmade Bears

This gal is my absolute favorite. She is made with the softest long mohair.Her head is a little droopy..I love this vintage dress I found, she hasnt taken it off for about 15 years...poor thing. lol.
Here are the smallest ones. The one in the center is 3". I only made 1 !!
This gal is kinda scruffy. I made it from a vintage mohair coat that I picked up at a thrift shop in Santa Barbra. Then the pads were made from the softest vintage leather jacket. This vintage silk jacket is handmade and close to falling apart, so I don't move it around very often.
I bought the bottle brush tree at Molly Mo's sale today. I've been looking for a good size one. I now wish I would have purchased the smaller one too. Isn't that a neat vintage bottle. I got that this morning at our goodwill. Things always look so much better when you get them away from their environment. I was going to show you all my cards that I watercolored and got made into cards....but do you think I can find them. I know I wanted to flatten them...but where???

8 comments:

Jenn and Jacqui said...

Hi Laurie, gorgeous gorgeous bears. We love mohair bears!! Love the bottle brush tree, have just bought a couple from the States through Ebay (naughty!) they are so gorgeous :) Why is it whne you want something you can never find it ???!! Have a lovely weekend Laurie :) J & J

Alison Gibbs said...

Laurie your bears are beautiful. Love their sweet faces.
Alison

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Beautiful bears!

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh I love the scruffie girl in the silk coat! I have a collection myself but not any that I've made...so sad that I sold all the ones that I've made...xxoo, Dawn

Utah Grammie said...

Oh my goodness! I just "found" you though the Feathered Nest and am I glad I did - the bird on the spoon is just the BEST :-) And I will be back - your work is wonderful!
Colleen aka Utah Grammie

Vicki C said...

OH Laurie those bears are PRECIOUS!!! Total sweetness! You are SO talented my friend!

Sharon said...

Hi Laurie! Had to comment on your darling bears--so cute! My sister made miniatures at one time--1/2 to one inch in size--jointed--eek! I LOVE your bottle brush tree--I have a few vintage ones myself. Lovely pictures today as always! :)

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

how adorable!! love them all!!!