Saturday, November 17, 2007

Handmade Bears

This gal is my absolute favorite. She is made with the softest long mohair.Her head is a little droopy..I love this vintage dress I found, she hasnt taken it off for about 15 years...poor thing. lol.
Here are the smallest ones. The one in the center is 3". I only made 1 !!
This gal is kinda scruffy. I made it from a vintage mohair coat that I picked up at a thrift shop in Santa Barbra. Then the pads were made from the softest vintage leather jacket. This vintage silk jacket is handmade and close to falling apart, so I don't move it around very often.
I bought the bottle brush tree at Molly Mo's sale today. I've been looking for a good size one. I now wish I would have purchased the smaller one too. Isn't that a neat vintage bottle. I got that this morning at our goodwill. Things always look so much better when you get them away from their environment. I was going to show you all my cards that I watercolored and got made into cards....but do you think I can find them. I know I wanted to flatten them...but where???

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie, gorgeous gorgeous bears. We love mohair bears!! Love the bottle brush tree, have just bought a couple from the States through Ebay (naughty!) they are so gorgeous :) Why is it whne you want something you can never find it ???!! Have a lovely weekend Laurie :) J & J

Alison Gibbs said...

Laurie your bears are beautiful. Love their sweet faces.
Alison

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Beautiful bears!

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh I love the scruffie girl in the silk coat! I have a collection myself but not any that I've made...so sad that I sold all the ones that I've made...xxoo, Dawn

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh my goodness! I just "found" you though the Feathered Nest and am I glad I did - the bird on the spoon is just the BEST :-) And I will be back - your work is wonderful!
Colleen aka Utah Grammie

Vicki Chrisman said...

OH Laurie those bears are PRECIOUS!!! Total sweetness! You are SO talented my friend!

Sharon said...

Hi Laurie! Had to comment on your darling bears--so cute! My sister made miniatures at one time--1/2 to one inch in size--jointed--eek! I LOVE your bottle brush tree--I have a few vintage ones myself. Lovely pictures today as always! :)

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

how adorable!! love them all!!!