Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Baby Shoes

You've probably noticed, I kinda like Robins Egg Blue! lol. So I painted this vintage baby shoe with a color that I mixed. See the little birdie nest...then a sprinkling of mini roses. I dyed the ribbon around her neck to match the shoe.
a few glittered pins, a couple of vintage buttons
Cross hatching on the top. I then put on my favorite crackle med. and rubbing light metallic to make the fine cracks and aged it just a bit...I just love the way this turned out.
I forgot to mention, the chalkboard with the nest painted on it, is also for sale on my ebay.
I had these sweet baby shoes. I painted roses on the toes and sprinkled rose petals around I am adding these to my EBAY. I have reg. shoe laces...but should I lace them up with pink ribbon??

13 comments:

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Oh Laurie those baby shoes are soooo darn cute!!!
I wish you'd paint some big girl shoes for us to wear! :-)

That tray is precious too!

Have a fun week,
Hugz,
Dolly

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Laurie,
I had to come over here from Colleen's blog and tell you how sweet that dandelion chalkboard is!

Your shoes are adorable - pink ribbons in the second pair would be so sweet!
Penny

Joanne Kennedy said...

I love your baby shoes. I'm waiting for someone to have a little baby as I think those would be the sweetest little gift at a shower.

Is it hard to dye ribbons? I've never thought about doing that. What kind of dye do you use?

Hugs,
Joanne

Kathleen Grace said...

Everything you do is beautiful! I just love that shade of blue too.

Michaele Sommerville said...

Awww! Or green ribbon that matches the leaves.... too cute!

Michaele

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Love robins egg blue with the pink. Can't go wrong with this combination!

Alison Gibbs said...

Laurie they are all beautiful. Love the cross hatching and how sweet the little white ones will be laced with pink ribbon
Alison

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Laurie, you've done it again! This little blue shoe & birdie are beautiful! The cross-hatching & the little nest on the side are really spectacular! Love the new tray!

Do you have any idea how many birdies you've created so far?

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Those sweet birds are to die for
,do you do private orders for the birds alone as my sister and i must have one.
Hugs
Jules

Donna Lynn said...

Laurie, my vote is for the pink ribbon laces for sure! Darling little shoes!
I agree with Dolly, we need big girl shoes too...

XXOO,
Donna Lynn

Lori said...

Laurie, your baby shoes are darling!!! yes, pink ribbon on the second shoes for sure:)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

These are too cute! Anf I love that everytime I get to visit - I see more and more of your pretty works- Thanks for providing us with such great eye-candy!
Colleen

Unknown said...

Hey Laurie! I love coming by you blog and getting a big ole' pink hug while reading it! Always so beautifully done! You make me smile with pleasure every time I come by. Thanks!
Hugs,
Liv