Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tools of the Trade

One done...49 to go. I got an order for 50 of these canvas' ! Paints and Brushes
I have been asked about my tools for different projects, so I thought I would share...
Sewing machine...is a must for birdies and bears...some of my dyed wool, sharp scissors.
My old soldering iron bit the dust...so here is my new on with the temp. control built in. I picked up that heavy piece of iron at a junk yard for a couple of bucks...for hammering my links.
Nice old hammer, has great balance. My creme brulee torch...a "must have" for making those nubbies on the links, this flux and solder came from Home Depot...works great
Oh yes...the metal ,its waiting for me to get busy
To make charms...foil, glass, solder, flux, clamps, a few goodies to have on hand, I also use a large tile that I got at Home Depot
And last but not least...Glimmer Mist. I like making these tags to put in the packages I send off, as a thank you. Thats a little of my dabbling. I forgot the buttons, old flowers, the glitter, the spoons, the lace...maybe another time.lol. What to work on next????

14 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Wonderful "tools of the trade." An order for 50???? You will be busy. Good luck.

The Feathered Nest said...

Laurie I love this!! Thank you so much for sharing....I need new flux and was wondering what to get! Great post sweet friend, xxoo, Dawn

gail said...

Hi Laurie, just stopping by to say hi... Love this post.I have been wanting to get to an open studio somewhere and work on my enameling. I see your teddy bear, so cute! Very inspiring..thanks. Happy creating , gail

Free Art Printables said...

Great tools! You have such great stuff too!! super cute! I have you entered in my drawing.. good luck! Jen R

Alison Gibbs said...

What a great idea - showing us your 'Tools of the Trade'.
Love the bird in your banner
Alison

The Cutest Cottage Lamps said...

Hi Laurie, you certainly have come a long way since we first "met" about a year ago! Not only are you branching out and making new things, but it also looks like you are doing very well too! Congratulations! You deserve it! We all love your designs!
Marilyn

Lori said...

thanks for showing all of your supplies...i am wondering where you get your glass?
i bought soldering supplies a long while ago...maybe i told you this already?...i am afraid to burn myself so i haven't tried yet...i have had little collages made up forever and if i ever get up my nerve i will finish them off...

Lori said...

Laurie, for some reason i can't send a reply to your email...i keep getting an error message...the gist of it was a HUGE thank you for the info AND the encouragement!!! you are a DOLL:)

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Such great tools. I adore your new little chicken design...so cute! The nest paintings are going to be fabulous. Show us a picture with all of them together!

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie,

I can't thank you enough for putting this on your blog! I have been trying to figure out how to make those kinds of charms. I bought a book last weekend but it wasn't as helpful as you have been here. You are such a dear.

Kindredly, Lynne Laura

Joanne Kennedy said...

I love the little nest painting. So much so, I bid on it and won through eBay. Can't wait to get it.

I love your new piece too. I'm off to bid right now.

Joanne

Donna Lynn said...

Dearest Laurie,
Thanks so much for sharing with us the tools, and tricks of your trade!

What a nice thing to get a big order like that, I used to love to sell my entire batch of birdhouses to a store, great $$!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Hugs,
DL

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Very interesting to see the tools of your trade, Laurie. Thanks for sharing.

I'm so loving the silver trays you paint! That is a pretty one with the chain on it!

Always fun to see what you come up with next!

Big Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Isn't it amazing the "things" we amass to do our passions? Love the tour - I need to learn to solder because I love the charms so much! - have a great week-end