Sunday, May 18, 2008

SUNSHINE!!

My pictures got all mixed up and it wont let me move them around, hope you can follow me. We have a wonderful place called Bridgeport that we visit once a week. Its about 45 min. from home, but so worth the trip. We lived in California so long, there are things we miss, this has that feeling. It has been such a rainy season, the sun finally showed up, it got up over 1oo degrees, breezy and BEAUTIFUL.
After we had lunch we stopped in for a little Gelato. Yumm.
This picture was suppose to be last..but here it is. I took a group pictures off the things I have on Ebay right now. The sweet little bird on its Pearls of Wisdom will be over today.
I'll be adding this pink canvas to ebay today.
I would like to add some writing around the top of this, but havent quite figured out what it should say, I'm asking for help here...any ideas?? If you leave me an idea you'll be on the list for this charm below, I'll be giving it away Monday Evening.

This is where we started out. Our favorite place to have lunch...Look at that sky!!! LOVE IT!!
Did I mention this was a day with just Stacey and myself...so great to have my best buddy be my daughter too. Her favorite shop is the Z Gallery. She could decorate her whole place from here.
Starting with this couch. Yup, its black...and beautiful...and expensive!! It would look so great in her place. After we came back to our town, we spent the rest of the day looking for an affordable black couch, we think we found it..."gotta sleep on it"...do you remember being told that?? lol
Last place we stopped at is my favorite...Crate and Barrel!! Take one more look at that sky!!Not a cloud to be seen! Have a great Sunday everyone!

17 comments:

Cyndi said...

Maybe you could paint in the word "cottage". That would fit it, I believe.

kari and kijsa said...

Love the paintings!! The nests are adorable!! Another beautiful day here! hope yours is wonderful!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Adrienne said...

I love Bridgeport but I don't get there too often. I think it's time to stop by there soon! ~Adrienne~

Unknown said...

delightful

Alison Gibbs said...

What a great day you girls had
Alison

Lori said...

looks like a wonderful day:) love all of your ebay goodies!!!

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Hi Laurie, I love your items ! Perhaps you could say something about gardening or stopping to smell the roses on your plate, since you have such lovely and realistic floral art work.

Karen at Ciderantiques

Dede Warren said...

I think your frame (I think it's a frame) should say... "Bloom", "Grow", or special

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie,
As always, your paintings are "charming"! I'm sending you an email with my 2 cents worth of a possible direction to go with the tray!

Happy Monday!

Lisa Johnson said...

We are about 20 minutes from Bridgeport and we love to go there too. My favorite gelato at Tutto Bene is the carmel, but it has another name I forget. We love to eat at McCormick and Schmicks or Romano's Macaroni Grill when we go there. Love your little creations too!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

How about the word "Cottage" or "Rose Cottage" your work is just beautiful! Vicki Page thepages@charter.net

Maison Douce said...

We were just at Bridgeport yesterday, and ate at California Pizza Kitchen... Your paintings are adorable!
Isabel

Aleta said...

Hi Laurie!
Love, love, love Bridgeport Village. My favorite store is Anthropologie. I go just to look at the texture on the walls and gather ideas!!

You left a question about airbrushing on my blog....what I use? The airbrush and compressor are Iwata. The dye is Dye-na-flow by Jacquard. I mix my own color by using a bit of brown, black and pewter. Other artists use Golden acrylic paints thinned with water.

Aleta said...

I forgot to add:

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta :o)

Myrna said...

Hi Laurie! You mentioned on my blog about you and your daughter's road trip ...when are you planning
to come down? Maybe we could meet!
Email me!
Myrna

Vicki Chrisman said...

What a fun time! Thanks for sharing the photos! Great projects as ALWAYS!
... and YES I did watch the awards last night ( but only parts.. between phone calls ect).. so I MISSED Sugarland!!!! WHAAAAA!
Wonder why the email bounced back?

Julie said...

How about Spring Memories, Happy, Smiles, or the word Charm. I guess I am thinking about what I would put inside a frame like that - and it would be a photo of my sweet Madison!