Sunday, October 18, 2009

Another Day

Another day on crutches...I needed to go to Walmart today...Husband wanted to come along...
I reminded him of the day in the grocery store...he said "Hey!!! Maybe they'll have one of those carts!" all excited. I'm saying....noooooo, you wouldn't...He's saying "ya Ya....I'll get one of those motorized carts....Well, he is walking in...no, he's hobbling in. Finds a lady in one of the carts checking out...he goes up to her and tells her he would sure like to have her cart. (ok, I'm really laughing hard by this time) So she kindly got out of her cart and let him have it. I turned back around see how he's doing and he has these crutches sticking out and he has a big ol grin on his face. Ok, its working out just fine...until...he discovered that when he backed up...it beeped...oh man!!! He loved going backwards after that!!!! What a day!
On to the picture above. yesterday I ran into a new antique mall in Silverton (new to me) and I found this one lonly shoe...for $1.60 ( weird price huh) It had to come home with me!
This was my doll back in the day...Patty Pay Pal...She was in storage, time to bring her out and get her dressed up...I learned how to fix her hair, cant wait to try it. Dress needs a little ironing, I plan to make her some shoes out of old lace...and yes...shes winking at you.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie! That is such a funny story about your hubby! He sounds like quite the character and I think it's fun that you get a kick out of his antics! It sounds like that little shoe found the perfect home. I can't wait to see what you do with it! Look at your dolly how sweet! Her last name was Pay Pal, aye? SOunds familiar...LOL!

The French Bear said...

How cute, your husband sounds like mine, always looking out for us!!! He he, I love the shoe, someone else on their blog said they bought a single shoe??? I can't remember 52 Flea? I think that is so sweet, as is your dolly!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Lisa said...

Sweet Little shoe! Sorry your trip to Wal- mart was with a beeping cart!
Hugs,Lisa

Rebecca said...

Hello
Thank you for stopping by and saying hello.
Sounds like your husband is a lot of fun to have around.
Blessings
Rebecca

Eliza said...

I am laughing my head off and can see him having fun going backwards all over the shopping centre LOL what a wicked thing to do.

Also love your doll and that fab shoe that you found, now what are you going to do with it? may I ask.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and what a great blog you have here too. I will definately be back again to say hi.

Art by Darla Kay said...

What a fun story and fun husband! That shoe found a good home♥ and I just winked right back at Patty! ;)

Thanks for visiting my blog, so glad you did and now I've found a new, enchanting blog to visit also!

I'll definitely be back!
Darla

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Yeah I had a lazy-eye when I was her age as well....she's really quite lovely..and I love love love the shoe!!

The Joy of Nesting said...

Hello Little Miss!!

Aren't guys well you know guys?? :) I think every guy who hears that backup beep instantly is transported to their Tonka truck days!!((G))

Oh how sweet the shoe is, what a darling home for a birdie ;)

We are batting down the hatches for Hurricane Rick who is suppose to come ashore a bit north of us. We should hopefully get rain but I'll wait to see what Mother Nature decides first. :)

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.