Thursday, January 27, 2011

More pages of my book

I guess I forgot to check that all my photos were the right direction...Anyway, I painted a soft hydrangea I have yet to figure out what to do on the green page.
A little texture and lace

Hand painted nest then stitched on


The left page is a pocket, I'll be making a tag to fit in it.
I am going to add a piece of vintage jewelry to the white lace.
I added Goldens" absorbant ground"
under the painting, then I can use watercolors.


There is a pencil called Stabilo "All" it is so neat, you can
sketch, then add water to smudge it. I have it in black and brown
which you can see a touch of brown. I plan to get the green and aqua
Thankfully we have a Dick Blick not to far away
Hope you are enjoying my progression.
UPDATE
on the blossoms
I asked the gardner today...its a Pear tree.
Will I REALLY get pears????
He said I would...It will be fun to wait and see.




5 comments:

Pellie / Penny said...

It's coming along beautifully.

Hugs,
Penny

From The Heart said...

I am just amazed! I really love this book..you are doing a great job!
Love,
Shirley

Susie Jefferson said...

How lovely - it just gets better and better! Can't wait to see what you do next.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Great blog. I found you via Somerset Magazine.

Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I have made several handmade books. Your's is just lovely! They are so fun to create.