Saturday, December 13, 2008

Charming Snowman Charm on Fork Easel!!

Hee Hee...Whoowhee...Yippee. I figured out a few things today!!!
Here is my first one like this...lets go a little closer
I have been struggling with wanting to make a hook/hanger on these fork easels for months now...out of the blue (why is it out of the "blue"??lol) I thought of the hooks for "hook n eyes", then it was...how do I get it onto the spoon...I tried to wire it...that didn't work ...this time... I will figure it out later! So, I got out my soldering tape and went for it!! It worked!! Whoo hoo!
Then I wanted to cover up the soldering...I found this "shooting star" earring...I left the back on, and just screwed it on...This looks really washed out...its not, maybe I can get a better photo in the morning. Now for the BEST news...Tinkerverve (I love her blog name) suggested using Diamond Glaze...It was wonderful!!! I brushed it onto the paper, not the glass, it dried so quickly, and clear I'm in love!!! After I take a better picture tomorrow, I'll list this...somewhere...lol. Please, let me know what you think!!! Oh...I'm going to sell the whole kittenkabootle ...one more thing...I soldered around the pebble so I could attach a jump ring...ok, I think I mentioned everything.lol

13 comments:

Becky said...

Wow. I really like your snowman. Hope your make more.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

You..you..you... I was heading to bed and this popped on.. I just melted girl.. a big melt down.. I'm in love with this one... it is definetly calling my name...
you know I'll be getting hold of you...it is darling....
hugs ~lynne~

The Joy of Nesting said...

How do the guys say that You The Ma.?? Well I know it's more like You the Woman!! :c) (huge giggle)

I think you are on a roll, there's no holding back now!!

Pattie ;c)
Mazatlan Mexico

Anonymous said...

The WHOLE thing looks great and I love the hook idea...very clever. I love using sewing notions in creative ways :-0 *Sew glad I could help!

Unknown said...

Love the fork easel! Snowman charm is darling, too!

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

those spoons are so darn cute.

tam said...

Looks great and the snowman is adorable! Isn't it wonderful how happy accidents happen? Your works shows the love of your art-everything is beautiful!
~Tam :D

Laurie and Chris said...

I think it turned out very cute. I love snowmen and that one is so cute. Great job.

LADY JANE said...

You are so clever, I love your spoons! Having any more CRAZY??? sales on e-bay?

Miss Rhea said...

Wow, these are Cute !!! Love everything you make though, you know that. I want to Mug you for that Pink card though, lol !!! :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea with the hook and solder, Laurie! And the bit of glitz to cover it up: the perfect touch.

I found a lovely fork today for $1! And a wee little box made in Italy for $2. I will take pictures! But I've been crafting all afternoon.

Diane

Beth Leintz said...

Aha! Now I see what you need the hooks & eyes for!

I love that Diamond Glaze- its like magic in a bottle.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Now how stinkin' cute is that?!?!?!

I love it!!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents