Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pink Saturday...

Happy Pink Saturday!! I took a trip out into our blustery evening...to our local Scrapbooking store to look for Pink papers for the upcoming "season" or "holiday" and I found three that fit the bill. The gal at the counter was confused about the pinks, so I told her I was just trying to get a jump on the upcoming holidays...and she was like "wow! I can't even think about getting through my Chrismas photos" It was easier to just giggle with her and leave...I don't "scrapbook" I just love using these papers on my new magnet board with my spoons attached.lol.
Look at the top photo...isn't she adorable, I forgot to take a picture of her backside, it is really her "backside"lol.
********************
I would just like to take a moment...again, and thank everyone that comes by and leaves my comments. They mean the word to me, and keep me crafting!

Now, with that said...I'm still working on my pebbles...I'm finding out a lot of things about these little pebbles...its not easy!!
first, the glue...I've been trying out different kinds...some make it milky, some wash out the color of the waterecolor. I was going to meet up with Martha from Vintage Trifles
and take her a pebble with a vintage looking snowman...it turned out adorable..but I was in a hurry so before it dried, I put a large black magnet on the back...It made the paper transparent...I don't know if I should have Varnished the back of the paper first...I've been using those little tiny magnets...so anyway. I painted her up a couple more...and took the one I made just for her, to show her what happened...she still loved it, said it looked reallly old. lol. What a sweetie...and by the way.. Her home is decorated with all the things that she makes. It was so beautiful and warm and inviting...oh.. I forgot to ask to see the fireplace...lol.
Thanks Martha for the tinsel!!

12 comments:

Glennis said...

I love to hear about the process of creating such wonderful things - it really is trial and error, isn't it? Frustrations sometimes, and strokes of genius and luck at other times.

Have a great Pink Saturday.

Diane Mars said...

Ok today I am working on a bit of Holiday decorating at the Home front! Your spoons are darling!
Hugs,
Diane

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Sweetie!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Happy Pink Saturday!! You're still trying to break me down aren't you? lol.. I love the snowman pebble.. oh my goodness. he is adorable...You have my p-sized brain just spinning...I hope you're having a super Saturday...hugs ~lynne~

SmilingSally said...

Those spoons are a cute idea. Happy Pink Saturday!

Unknown said...

The vintage card is so sweet! I love it! What a fun little buncha spoons! I love them!

Why does my word verification say "forment"!?! LOL! I don't drink wine, LOL! Oh,yeah that's "ferment", oh well!

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Diamond Glaze?

said...

You are such a wonderful painter!

Sondra Behne' said...

This the second time I have seen this type of spoon creations...I really must give it a try myself. thanks

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to bid on your spoons again next time around, since I didn't win an auction a couple weekends ago. They're all so beautiful, and this week I'm loving the country angel.

Could you post a bit more info on your "magnet board" and how you decorate it with scrapbooking papers? It looks so pretty ...

Victoria

Lisa Kaus said...

How fun are those-
Merry Christmas
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Laurie, I love your work. It is just amazing. And, I love your magnetic board for display. Great idea with the scrapbooking paper.

Happy Pink Saturday.