Tuesday, December 9, 2008

More Hand Painted Spoons Magnets

I finished this little angel last night. she has teeny tiny roses on the bottom of her dress. I thought this one could take you into Valentines then Easter
Look at this beautiful handle...I am always amazed when going through my spoons, at the beauty that is on the spoon handles.
This one I just had a black piece of paper handy and this S that I will be putting on a package for Stacey...ummm looking at this on the computer...is that a $ sign??? lol how funny is that...do you think she'll notice?
The photo in the banner is holding an original postcard, not a reproduction..
Kansas City Dec. 21 1911...
and it still has its one cent stamp
******************************
The winner of the hand painted knife is....
Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents
********************************
I'll be listing these spoons on Ebay...I don't know how they will do right before Christmas
like this, but I'll try. I have a couple more to show you tomorrow. (or tonight)

10 comments:

Betty said...

You've heard the old expression, "Help...I've fallen and I can't get up!" That's the way I feel every time I see your new creations...I've fallen for them. I'll never look at a single spoon the same way again! Too cute!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Laurie!!!! Thank you so much for picking my name for that AWESOMELY BEAUTIFUL knife! I just can't wait to get it!! It is going to be just sooo perfect with my New Years theme!! I'll be sending you pics when I get the display all set up! I'm thrilled!! This is just like an early Christmas present!! Thanks!!

Love you,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

The Joy of Nesting said...

Congratulations Stephanie! Not only did you score with a Laurie Original but a fist released piece!!

So Laurie little sis, freind, fellow Bloglandian, were you thinking you might be making more "Laurie Knives" ??? :c) CUZ I want, need and really must have one. And I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that way!!

Pattie :c)
Mazatlan Mexico

Cassie said...

Congratulations Stephanie!

Anonymous said...

I love love love that spoon!!! I wish she were mine!!
Diane

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh my goodness... I'm so close to Kansas City it's scary... I'm loving your spoons...would love to know some of the prices... Your talent is amazing... do you have any of the Kansas City left with snowmen on them??? hugs ~lynne~

Anonymous said...

Laurie, they are Gorgeous!! Like all of your work it's just always breathtaking!!
mandii

tam said...

Love-love-love your banner! And of course your spoons are gorgeous too!
~Smiles~Tam

Unknown said...

These are so very cute! I tried to tell you this yesterday, but blogger was being wierd and wouldn't let me post!
Your banner is cute, too!

ellen said...

love all of your work. especially the silverware, i have painted them for about 6 years, and i feel the same way about them. so much beauty and i am sure some great history. it is nice to recyle and get them back in use. you have got a lovely and sweet imagination on all of your work. what do you use for a sealer? i usually do 3 coats of varnish, but trying to same time but still have the quality, just looking for something a little easier. keep staying beautiful.... ellen