Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New and Old Artwork


I made this using papers, paint, stamps, and a tree branch
Working on more interesting backgrounds

Not sure what I plan to put on the one up and down. the one up is just a 4X4

Stopped in at the sweet shop in So. Pasadena. It won the "cupcake war" not bad..but they weren't great.
I've shown these in the past, but it still amazes me that I did this painting on the old mansion.
While we were in Pasadena yesterday, I wanted to stop in and see how it was holding up. Its been 16 years ago that I restore the painted fresco around this whole house.



It saddens me that it sits there empty. The magnificent chandeliers are the only things left.
I used a cherry picker to get up there, here in the front it is 3 stories high. It was tricky.

5 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

First off, I have to say -- Fish Taco, YUM!

Your artwork is gorgeous! The fresco is amazing! And your painted composition books are brilliant!

The photo of those clouds over the mountains was so beautiful.

Hope you are having a terrific Tuesday. Best wishes, Tammy

Journal Swag said...

LOVE your backgrounds! Awesome! Hope you're doing well!

Hugs,

Sheila

Rosie said...

What a beautiful building and the scrolls - wow! Love your blog Laurie and I don't blame you for moving back to the sunshine!
Good luck with selling your artwork in the new shop - hope it goes well! =)

Adrienne said...

Your fresco work is absolutely fabulous! So glad it's still there. It would be awful if someone had painted over it.
~Adrienne~

Barbara Jean said...

Love your little birdie design.

Nice to see you. I have not been able to get my blog list up, so have no clue who I usually visit.
Cannot even sign up again, because they do not go on.
Glad to get over here now anyway.

blessings
barb