Thursday, January 10, 2008

Antique Silver Holder





When I took my little jont out looking for goodies...I went to my favorite antique shop and I found this tucked into a cabinet...oooooh my goodness...what would a birdie look like on this!!! So I made my little purchase and I couldn't put it on hold...I got right to work to see how this would turn out...I am soooo happy with it. It is an old piece...maybe for a bathroom, to put a glass in and then hang a wash cloth on the bottom? Any ideas ?? So I added my little vintage jewelry embellishment and bits of old flowers and lace. I added this little heart that I added German glass glitter to (along with the pin tops) Silver of course.


I almost forgot...Here is what Natasha sent me...I couldnt figure out WHAT it was...I sure wasnt going to open it.lol...I would ask different people that would come into my office...some guy says, Ya, I know what it is...oh good I say. What is it...well, they eat this like we eat peanut butter...I'm like "ew! ITS BROWN" I heard they dont like peanut butter in Australia...Is THAT true?? He went on to say its an "aquired taste". Ummmm do I or dont I??? TASTE IT ??!! LOL

4 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

It's just like the Men at Work song lyric "He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich." I say try it! Take a taste adventure. From what I hear it is good though I've never tried it.

Love the silver holder!

karla

Alison Gibbs said...

Yes we do like peanut butter here in Australia. In fact I like it with honey on a piece of toast or on a sandwich.
Try the vegemite on toast or with cheese in a sandwich. Don't spread it too thickly or the taste will be too strong. Some people don't like it but I guess most Australian born people have been brought up having it.
Alison

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie, ooh of course we LOVE peanut butter!! We have all types, smooth, crunchy, super crunchy!! Now this Vegemite, trus us, you should taste it on a salty cracker or some toast, or a slice of fresh white bread, but spread it thinly, real THINLY!! It's NOT like like PB or jam!! It's like Marmite, have you heard of that? LOVE the antique birdie, she is perfect :) Funny Karla mentioning that song, we have it on our new post right now!! Jenn and Jacqui xo

Natasha Burns said...

LOL yes we LOVE peanut butter. I avoid it with all the calories but I do love it. I just don't eat it with jelly or jam