Saturday, January 19, 2008

Found Treasures

I found the most beautiful pink fabric top with rhinestones all over it...I cant amagine wearing it, must be why someone gave it to the goodwill ! lol. Cant you just see it on one of my pincushions!!

Have you seen those bags of jewlery at the thrift shops with a bunch of ugly looking jewelery...I have never purchased any, UNTIL yesterday...see that yellow flowery looking piece, It GRABBED me!! I had to have it!
Thats really about all that was in the bag...see the white rounds, I they were earrings, I tore off the backs, got out my enamel paints and wa-laa. The daisy is the other one like the one I put on yesterdays birdie pincushion, which I will be painting also..
I remembered to take a picture of these gold thingys...
Here are the items I got yesterday...What do you think...pretty good huh!
Here is my latest birdie. It's ceramic. I painted it with white first then added pink pearl paints, I added a pin to the back of that white earring that I painted. Oh what fun I have had the last couple of days! Dont forget to check out my ebay.

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hi, Laurie -
It's good to hear from you. I got a new computer and in the process I lost you! Now you're found and back in my Favorites. You sure found some wonderful things. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving your sweet comment. No, I haven't been to Cottage Gate yet. We have had schedules and deadlines (holidays) when we've been down that way for the past few months. I hope to get down there soon and stop in there. I'll have to get back to you on a good place in Portland. I'll put my thinking cap on.
~Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie, we are booking a flight to Oregon LOL !!! We must go thrifting with you :) And you don't even have to ask if we like this one!! Jenn and Jacqui xo

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh more pink! You certainly know how to warm one's heart when it's -5F outside.
Susan

Jessi Nagy said...

you always find the best stuff!
love everything painted white.
to cute.
jessi

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Wow! You are a real life treasure hunter! This is amazing! Just gorgeous!

Sugar Bear said...

Lovely items! The jewelry is sweet!
Karla

Lisa Johnson said...

Hi Laurie,

Love your little goodies. I sure wish I could paint little pink roses like you do. Love them! Stop by my blog tomorrow for a little peaky at what I found at the antique show today.

Lisa