Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Free Kitties to non-crafty home!!






What DO I do???? Today was my day off. When I got home I was on the computer and I heard a plastic bag rattling around. So, I had to check it out...going around my desk...I looked down....OMG...one of the kitties had a plastic bag in its mouth shaking out what was left...of...CRAFT POWDER SNOW!!! So I followed the trail....they had ripped open the bag in my craft room..... took it all through the living room..... down the hall into the closet.... finished going down the hall.... into the bathroom.... and finishing up with it ALL OVER THE OFFICE FLOOR!!! Now, I think this stuff is plastic...It is so cold and dry outside, what do you think happened to this stuff....it is stuck to the chairs... the doors... the walls!! AHHHHH !!!! I have a dyson vacuum, its sticking to it, inside and out! When I asked the sweet babies what they were THINKING, they looked at me soooo sweetly...This next week I guess am going to try to kitty proof my house...I thought I was done doing that!! I didn't even have to child proof my house when my daughter was a baby, and now I DO!?! LOL. Anyone feeling my pain??? So much for crafting tonight!!

13 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh me oh my what very naughty kitties you have. I feel your pain but oh dear what to do with those very naughty kitties!!!
What a mess they have made!!!!!!
Alison

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie, Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! You are kidding! What a mess, just what you need right? Kitty should be in the dog house! lol Hope it comes off! J & j xo

Ottilias Veranda said...

Oh no! What a mess and that stuff is sticky! You will probably find "snow" in your house for months to come!
Love your buttons and spoons finds!
I hav also experienced that You always find the best things when You´re broke! I´ve made it into a sport: OK today I have only 2 dollars, what can I buy for that?!
Liisa

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I am feeling your pain, and I'm laughing at the same time . . . sorry! I bet they had fun, and I can just picture the innocent looks! That is a mess. Good luck with clean-up!

Sugar Bear said...

Oh dear! That really sounds so awful to clean up! Maybe if you spray some Static Guard it will help dislodge the little flakes (the snow - not the cats LOL!).
Karla

Lolly said...

OH my gosh, I can totally relate. Curious kitties....

-Lolly

CatieAn said...

Hi Laurie
thank you for coming to visit my blog. I have been reading yours since oct and I love your posts and your birdies!! How fun to use all those different 'holders' for them to sit on.
I wish you lived here I would love to have a 'junking partner'. But then I would always be broke ha!
i have two kitties like yours they LOVE my craft room!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I had a cat once that hauled an entire Banana Bread upstairs in the middle of the night and deposited it on my chest as if to say, "Can I please have some?"!! He's in kitty hell now. He was a horrible cat. Good luck with yours. I loved the story and pictures!

Vintage-at-Heart Designs said...

Are you sure you have kitties? This story sounds like events that have happened with my dogs.

Cute story, but horrible for you. I hope all of the snow is gone by summer.

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh no! Good thing they are so cute! All you have to do is look at their darling faces.. to get over it. lol

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Kinda funny, Laurie, but yes, I feel your pain. My cat is a cleptomaniac, loves to pick up anything he can tote around in his little mouth....jewelry, pipe cleaners, hair bands, etc. It is always something, isn't it?!

Little Blue Violet said...

lol! Please, when you have your home kitty proof, let me know how you did it. I have 5 kitties and could use a kitty proofed home indeed. Also a doggie proof one as I have 2 of those as well. A love of animals is a costly love, huh? I can just imagine the static electricity causing those little plastic flakes to cling to everything. However did you get them ll cleaned up.

BumbleVee said...

Absolutely get a door on the "craft room" ....and absolutely close it every single time you go out of it. Sadly... 'tis the only way.