Thursday, January 17, 2008

Two Posts in one day!

vintage flower and glass buttons
This is such an unusal sparkly vintage glass beaded leaf.
Aged Crackle finish

Bracket
Beaded Tassel
We all thought the Vegemite tasted like condensed thick soy sauce.
What do you think we have that the Aussies dont?
Here is my latest creation. I LOVE it. I painted the cone then put a 2 step crackle med. on it, when dry I rubbed it with some metallic black, and couple of golds. Instead of trim around the top I painted it with the same black and added gold dots.
I found this gorgous black beaded tassel. I made a copy of a vintage calling card. I added 3 beautiful vintage glass buttons. Not very valentinie (is that a word?) How about I call it "Paris Chic" Please let me know what you think...now I've got to go get it put on Ebay...
It is sooooo nice having my computer back!!

12 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Laurie, that is beautiful. So elegant, definitely Paris Chic.
Alison

Anonymous said...

I love the little birdie on the spoon in your banner, is she for sale?
This is my first visit to your blog and I see delightful things, things that warm the soul on a cold winter evening.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie, wow, très belle et très sophistiquée!!!!! Gorgeous little birdie in her French Nest! You have the sweetest creations, always original and very unique :) Jenn and Jacqui

Jessi Nagy said...

oohh i love this one! so elegant!

Stampindamour said...

Love your current creation! Anything with "Paris" and "Chic" in the same sentence is my kind of style! Bet it'll go for big BUCKS on the BAY! :0)

-pamela

Unknown said...

oooo i love it!! its so chic! where's the link...

Sadie Lou said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE it too! I really enjoy the instant gratification of crackle paint. It's not like some mediums where you have to wait hours to see some fun results.
I'm adding you to my blogroll!
Thanks for visiting me today...
~Sadie Lou

Esther Sunday said...

Wow. This is fabulous!!!!!! I love the beaded leaves. Looks wonderful.

kari and kijsa said...

That is truly beautiful....you are so talented! Love all your ideas!

kari & kijsa

Rosemary said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for the nice comments.
You do beautiful work.
Visit again soon. I like your blog as well.
Rosemary

Unknown said...

Hi Lori! I received my pretty wall pocket and bird from you! I love it. I have it on my blog! Please come visit me!

Amy

Sugar Bear said...

Love the black bird! Very elegant.
Karla