Monday, January 7, 2008

Lovely cupcakes

Ok, I showed you those wonderful, beautiful, perfect, charming cupcakes that I received from Natasha. Well, I will try anything...I thought it might be nice if a made a few little cupcakes of my own to add to the cake stand...it cant be THAT hard...I had some plaster of paris on hand from a previous craft...so I mixed some up with my wooden spoon (the first of my problems) and poured...no...plopped some in my little cups. I thought I could flatten them a bit, so I dipped the spoon handle in water and then onto the "glob"...ummm, then I had a puddle on top of the "sludge" then as I tried to flatten them it warped the paper...not what I was looking for! I invisioned the lovelyness of Natashas...I look at hers, then I looked at mine...HAVE YOU LOOKED AT MINE!!

Now go take a look at Kari and Kijsa's blog, they have the most beautiful valance...do you REALLY think I should try it?? LOL

5 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh no! That looks like something I would do!!
How do those girls make those cakes??
Maybe a mould!!
I think we need some one (maybe Natasha)to do a tutorial for us.
Alison

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie, oh my !!! Practice makes perfect Laurie, keep trying!! Natasha is the Queen of cupcakes and it takes a long time to become a Queeen !! Well uaually! And yes you should try Kari and Kijsa's valance, that will be a piece of cake for you!! LOL :) Jenn and Jacqui

kari and kijsa said...

Yes, yes, yes, you should try our valance...the project is fun and easy...and then we want to post pictures of your fabulousness!

Have a blessed day...

kari & kijsa

Sugar Bear said...

Oh yes try the valance! Hmm, maybe there is some more information on making the cupcakes out there in cyberworld!
Karla

Natasha Burns said...

Laurie these look like my first lot too, don't be discouraged!