Sunday, February 15, 2009

Little Babies

I'm really busy right now..but I had to take a minute and share these sweet guys with you.The top picture is sooo funny. My husband and I took a little trip out to the country and went to a tiny town of Yoder...this is another woman that raises sheep...and boy did she have the wool...I bought some fibers from her, but she gave us a wonderful education on sheep and their wool. Well, this little baby was abandoned after it was born yesterday...so they took him in the house...they put this tiny baby diaper on him...cutting a little hole for his tail...sooooo cute!!! We got to hold him his wool are these tiny little corkscrew curls...I loved it.
This one was born yesterday...jumping and running all around his large stall...we laughed so hard. It was all so delightful...I'll be making my wool into goodies before to long.
I found out they have "Fiber" shows...I guess I'll have to add this to my list of "things to interest me"

10 comments:

Diane Mars said...

Darling what a treatto see thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Diane

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How precious! So adorable with the little didee on! lol I really LOVE your beautiful little animals! I think I need a little farmyard! heehee!

Adrienne said...

Hi, Laurie -
We were a mile from Yoder Store today so we must have been really close to where you were. I'd love to hold a little lambie pie like that. He is so cute. I'm so glad they are caring for him so well.
~Adrienne~

Unknown said...

Oh, those baby lambies are so adorable. Thanks for sharing those very sweet pics! Enjoy your wool! :)

KatCollects said...

Oh My Gosh, so so cute. I want to snuggle him.
Kathy

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

That's the most precious thing I have seen! What an adorable photo and what a FUN trip - (I would have wanted to take him home once I held him- bet you did too!)

Betty said...

The little lambs are just precious. We had friends who had a sheep ranch; their hands were the softest I've ever felt because they touched the sheep and the lanolin rubbed off on their hands. Nature's best lotion is petting sheep..haha. Love your new little creations (guess you already knew that, eh?)!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Awwwwww. So sweet!

Pam said...

How cute is this one?! Geez, I want to squeeze him, LOL!

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh my goodness, I think I've died and gone to heaven! Look how ADORABLE this little guy is! Awwwwwwwwwwww. When you left a comment on my blog that you held a baby sheep in diapers, I was thinking, "Whuh????" I'm so glad I scrolled down to find this! And now I understand why you were gathering wool. I just ADORE your needle felting! I bought a kit last year and would so love to learn, but it's still sitting up there, out of reach, waiting for me. So cute, your little bunny!