Friday, February 13, 2009

Love and Pink Saturday

I fell in love...sweetest little babies...I'll give you a few more photos later. Here's the story...I wanted to make a poodle and a lamb with curly hair. I checked all over the internet and didn't see anything I liked. So I looked locally...I found a wonderful lady who gave me contacts nearby. The first one that replied didn't live TO far away, I explained what I wanted and she thought she had it...so Stacey and I made this trip to Yamhill...She has THE MOST WONDERFUL WOOL.I have ever seen (not that I have seen very much) But it has the tensie tiny curls...so of course I bought some...then out to the barn we went...a bit muddy, but look what was there...newborn babies!!! This one was my favorite...we had soooo much fun and we got a real education.
On the way home...we stopped at a goodwill...I left...then ran back in...I had to get these "pearls" I laughted when I bought them...I was a tad embarressed.lol. They are SOOOO tacky...I told the young girl that I DID NOT entend on wearing them...But now...what do I do with them??? right now I think I'll take them apart and put them in a clear dish...I was thinking of painting a rose on the BIG ones. If you have any ideas...please pass them my way. Have a wonderful weekend, and thank you for all the wonderful comments on my creations, they are dearly appreciated!!!

It's been a "PINK" week for me, so please check my posts for the week.
I just signed up with Mr. Linky...because I live a "Beautiful Life"

22 comments:

marie said...

I would have bought those pearls too! I have a jar full of them in one of my bathrooms. I love how the light bounces off them - especially candlelight.
That little tea cup is sweet!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

What a precious picture of the babies! Can't wait to see what you do with the pearls. I am sure it will be lovely!

Four Paws and Co said...

Can you make some hat pins out of the big ones? Ahhh, pin cushion in the cup with a painted rose hat pin! Sorry if it sounds silly, it's late & I need to go to bed instead of reading blogs!

Four Paws and Co said...

ps I love the pictures of the babies!

Betty said...

Ooh, did I once hear you can 'dye' pearls with tea? Maybe that's 'cultured' pearls...but, who knows? They might be really pretty. I can also see them incorporated (one or two at a time) into your creations. Happy Valentine's Day!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Valentine's Day Laurie!

Susan

JudyBug said...

You will probably find a million ways to use the pearls!

Lori Lynn said...

♥♥ HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY & PINK SATURDAY♥♥

Helen said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and everyone you love ...........

The Cutest Cottage Lamps said...

Hi Laurie! What a cute little lamb! Can't wait to see your creation of him! I see you are making the bird pincushions again too, wonderful! Have a great Valentine's Day! Oh, my idea about the pearls, use them with your Christmas decorations!
xxxooo
Marilyn

Monica said...

Beautiful Beautiful! Love the sweet lamb, and the pearls are wonderful!
Monica.

Anonymous said...

Laurie, what a wonderful excursion you took!

And the pearls...what if they're REAL? Is there a way to tell?

Diane

Marie De Marco said...

all your pink is very pretty, your art is great.
thank you
marie

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Aren't baby-anythings just too too cute? Baby cats, rabbits, horses, ducks and sheep?! Love them all. I am in total love with your needle felting! Your creations are amazing and the fact that you just learned this really makes me mad - Bah Humbug on you! You make the rest of us look like TOTAL slackers - which, for the most part, we are.
Love ya kiddo! Have a great Sunday :-)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the pearls. Happy Valentines Day....and hope your Pink Saturday was lovely. P.S. I love the pincushions..the bird, kitty and poodles you've shown below. They're just as sweeet as can be.

♥Mimi♥ said...

Happy Pink Saturday, oh, and ♥Valentine's Day♥ too!! What a lovely sharing today. Thanks so much!

PS: A little late. Spent the day and evening yesterday with my little grandsons. Nothing like three, handsome men for distraction!

Phyllis said...

You are making me crazy with all those ADORABLE felted babies. I want all of them - what am I going to do??? And your latest tea cup/bird pincushion is so sweet.

Love the pictures of the babies - I love sheep, along with cows, horses, dogs, cats, elephants...you get the idea.

Deanna said...

What a sweet lamb and the pearl....!! Just lovely!

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday and Valentine's Day!
Deanna :D

Char said...

Beautiful pincushions. They seem very popular right now. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Kathy said...

Sweet post! Love your pearls - can't wait to see a rose on the pearl!
Kathy

Wildflowerhouse said...

Laurie it has arrived and on Valentines day no less. I posted a BIG thank you on my blog, so come over. Sharon I love that lamb too.

Loretta said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I love the pictures of those baby lambs...