Saturday, June 28, 2008

Croquet Balls

Years ago I saw old croquet balls in a bowl. I can't remember if it was in a Country Living magazine or at an antiques shop. I have always wanted the balls, but they were always so expensive...I was running to our Home Depot one eve. and saw a big sign that said "FREE" so I glanced over...WOOAH!! low and behold a croquet set. I grabbed them up, when I got home I saw the the posts were broken , well, now I have my balls!!! I just love them, for now they have a home in my wagon.
I gave my shoe a bit of a new look with different buttons on this side.

11 comments:

Connie said...

What a neat idea!! Now you'll have me looking for croquet balls!! Waaaaait a minute!!!!! I think we have a croquet set we haven't used for 20 years.................. Wooohooooo
Smoochies,
Connie

Connie said...

Yes, my Charming Chick, they will go in my "PINK" home! *Chuckles*,
Connie

Adrienne said...

What a find! They are so cute in your little wagon. ~Adrienne~

Naturegirl said...

Adorable shoe! Just love it!

Anonymous said...

Love your find and they look great in your wagon! I loved your article in the Somerset Life! It was great!

Anonymous said...

Laurie, You mean you haven't made a pin cushion out of that wagon yet?
;-) That would be SO adorable!

I've passed up a couple of croquet sets - too expensive. I'd say it was your lucky day!

Diane

Andrea said...

cute! I love that idea.. I think i have seen that somewhere too! Love the vintage shoe.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh!! So cute! i cannot believe that in a FREE BOX?????? no way! i wil be posting all my finds when get home tomorrow or the next day =D wowzers FREE BOX =D

That Girl Ang said...

I have a set packed away as well!!! hmmm OH - and I love the new button addition to the shoe.. it makes it POP! I love working w/buttons!

Hey thanks for popping over to my blog. I like yours too.. great inspirations!

I will add you to my blog posse!

NJT

Jean said...

Love your topper! The croquet balls in the wagon are adorable. I posted croquet pieces in my last post too!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What an adorable patriotic baby shoe with such a sweet birdie, Laurie!!

Stephanie
Angelic Accents