Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Spoonful of Sugar***Birdie



Spoonful of Sugar. It's been awhile since I've made one of these. In honor of my big move to Etsy I went back to my beginning. I had never heard of blogging. I just started selling these on Ebay, when I sold the first one I was so thrilled. I wish I had kept track of how many of these I have been able to share over the last year. Holly of Hollydoodle and Ausie Natasha Burns pulled me into blogging. I told them I can't write, why would anyone want to visit "my" blog. They encouraged me by saying "Be yourself, just put your birdies on"...bloggers will come...and come you did. I don't know why I'm making such a fuss about going over to Etsy...I think it was the environment that I grew up in. I was never told that anything I did was any good...I wasn't told it was bad...but I was never encouraged...So I don't have a lot of confidence in myself... Thats why I do Ebay...I can set a lower price, and if it is liked it will sell. By going to Etsy I have to set a price. I really have a hard time with that. One thing I have learned..."I will try anything" so here I come Etsy.

10 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Laurie I am so glad you did start blogging! I am so glad I've had beautiful birdies from you from early on, I see them everywhere now and I am so proud of you!!! What a shame you were never encouraged, it sure does make a difference especially to our confidence. I know you are the total opposite with your daughter though! I love how you two do stuff together and get along so well! Yes it is so hard to put a price on things especially after being used to the auction format. I had trouble working out 'buy it now' prices when I started my website after being in ebay mode but it will eventually become the way you do it, it's very normal what you are worrying about xo

Arlette said...

Laurie, your work is beautiful and I have no doubt that you will be a huge hit on Etsy. You go, girl. The world is yours for the taking!
Aloha!

Lori said...

Laurie, i hope you are getting all the encouragement you deserve here...your creations are among the sweetest i know...i love the spoonful of sugar that i have from you, and i know this one will soon find a good home!!! you are awesome and i love visiting you:) i am glad the girls encouraged you to blog!!!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Those are two ladies who know what they are talking about!

Connie said...

Laurie, absolutely "CHARMING", sweetpea! I don't know how you make such lovely birds!!

Come over and visit. Steph and I are hosting a GIVEAWAY and I doubt that you'll be disappointed, chickadee!!!!

Smoochies,
Connie

Sugar Bear said...

I'm so happy they got you to start blogging. You are very talented. I know what you mean - my childhood creativity was somewhat nurtured but never really seen as the thing that made me most happy and allowed to grow. I don't blame my parents - I think it was just a different time and they didn't realize. I'm so happy to have started blogging because it has gotten me back to what I love.
Karla

Connie said...

Laurie, you post so you're in, sweetpea!!!!!!
Connie

Unknown said...

Oh Laurie, I am so sorry. You DESERVE so much encouragement! You are one of the most talented people their is! I LOVE my piece from you and plan on adding more to my collection! AND, I adore your blog, I look forward to every visit! Your work is WORTH what you have set the prices for and more! You will do so well on Etsy! I am sending you lots of big hugs!

Love ya,
Amy

Unknown said...

i am soo behind on checking up on blogs, but yeah!!!! and welcome to etsy. you'll knock their socks off.

Anonymous said...

Oh Laurie! I want to encourage you, girl. Your work is AMAZING and you are such a beautiful soul. I just love you and I am thrilled to own one of your gorgeous birdies. Go to etsy with your head held high. Everything you do is wonderful. xo