Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Red day II / Canvas

Here is my "RED" for the day...this is a set-up that I did for a watercolor painting.
I really like how this turned out. It was an old canvas that needed a make over. I smoothed texture medium on the edges. Soft Pinks, Robins Egg blue. I put a board behind the canvas to hold the wire that is holding on the little can. I looked and looked on the computer for just the right font, this is the one I decided to paint . This is an 8 X 10 canvas. This is going on Ebay
The winner of my chocolate charm is Becky.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Oh - I love the color of deep rich red. I want to paint my front door dark red.

Unknown said...

I am in LOVE with that painting Laurie!!! That is so pretty!!The colors are perfect!

The red looks so yummy :) Why does red remind me of summer? Must be the fruit and 4th of July!

Congratulations to Becky!!

Hugs,
Amy

vintage girl at heart said...

Oh I love it.. you always create the most unique and charming pieces!!
The I Saw RED blog week is alot of fun! I love that tiny antique sewing machine you have below!!

Lori said...

great reds Laurie...and that canvas is darling!!!

Alison Gibbs said...

Laurie, love the red for Day 2. I am now looking for something for Day3.
What a fabulous bird
Alison

Sugar Bear said...

Perfect red setting!
Karla

Donna Lynn said...

Wow Laurie,
Which room do you have that wonderful red wall in??? I would love to see that room, bet it is great looking!

Your darling birdie on the board is so sweet!
Please stop over and sign up for my giveaway!
XO