Sunday, June 29, 2008

Polka Dots

First I thought I would show you this little birdie, I reworked it. Added hand dyed flowers and leafs out of wool felt. Then I rubbed Champagne Gold into the cracks and added gold glittered pins to the centers....I put this on my Ebay. The link should be at the top of my side bar
Now onto my polka dots...I almost always paint the packages that I mail out...and add polkadots.
So I thought I would share with you different ways that I accomplish this....The Finger Dots...Yup, just stick that ole finger into fresh paint and smoosh...polk a dots!!!
Then their are the dabbers...they come in different sizes, I dabbed into an ink pad and you get the prettiest soft polka dots
Now I dabbed the dabbers into the paint...A little thicker look,but you can dab it into 2 different colors. A couple of other ways...punch a hole in a piece of hard plastic, like transparencies and then use that for a stencil. One other way, which I really like...is an end of a new pencil...the eraser...works like a charm...there are also dowels that have been sanded smooth. Oh, I also have a GREAT big black marker that is made for making big dots. These can all be done with glue and then sprinkle with glitter.
Check back with me on Tuesday..I'm going to be gone for a couple of days and I wanted to leave you with a giveaway to sign up for...that way I will know you wont forget me. lol.

11 comments:

Connie said...

Very clever, my polka dot petunia!! I'll have to remember that. My dilemma is the "placement" in a pleasing fashion on the item. Solve that one for me please and I WON'T ever forget ya, my sweets!!!
Smoochies,
Connie

Anonymous said...

I check your blog daily so you won't have to worry about me forgetting you! Now if you just remember me. Vicki Page

Vicki Chrisman said...

Your wrappings are as beauiful as your projects!!

Rock River Stitches said...

Loved visiting your blog! Your little birds that you create are just adorable!!

Tammy

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh how sweet the little bird is. Love the felt additions
Alison

Unknown said...

Oh, what a sweet little birdie! I love it. yes, I noticed that your package to me when I got my giveaway gift was painted really cute! I was too excited to open it to stop and take a picture, though!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmm that Birdie is super cute!! Loving the Polka dots I think I'll have to try that!!
mands

kari and kijsa said...

Have fun...we will check back with you when you get back!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

So clever and how special to recieve a decorated package from you!

Miss Rhea said...

Ooh, they have dabbers ? Where have I been ?? lol !! I like that !! I use the ends of pens, my dogs tail, pencils, my dogs tail, dowels, my dogs tail, lol !! That is such a sweet bird and I love the felted posies. :)

My Arts Desire said...

Having received one of Laurie's packages in the mail, I can attest that they are charming indeed! Even my hubby who doesn't typically pay much attention to "details" was impressed that someone would HAND PAINT the mailing wrap!!!

I'm convinced Laurie, that you require only 1 hour of sleep a night. How else do you get SO MUCH accomplished?!!

xo
Sue