Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Just Right

aaaah, my banner looking a little better today. Yesterdays gave me a headache, sorry about that. Here's my latest. I left the sugar bowl with the "just right" amount of tarnish.
I found that I had 3 of the most perfect shell buttons. 3 different sizes, and the color...just right! Look at the edge on the silver sugar bowl.
going through my stash I found these pearl earrings... oh they are "just right
The vintage flowers, after tweeking the color with a few colors of Glimmer Mist, I got the color "just right"can you see the sparkles that Glimmer Mist adds?? I even added a bit to the green leaves. A friend of mine invited me to bring my birds to sale at her party. So, I'll be pulling my birds out of Etsy next week for a few days.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie, You'll probably sell every one of them at the party! There won't be anything left for etsy! You'll have to start burning the midnight oil to restock! ;-)

Diane

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh Laurie... just beautiful!! Love the colors!

Victorian Lady said...

This is my all time favorite! The buttons look like an extension of the silver! Great job!!! :)

Mere

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Laurie, you know I love this one!!!! I love the tarnished silver!! I bet you'll sell all of your goodies at the party ~ love the baby birdie too! xxoo, Dawn

Lori said...

Laurie, this is a beauty!!! i love the tarnish on the silver and your bird looks so sweet perched on top...great colors too:)

Anonymous said...

Laurie, Thanks for posting on my blog. The crazy quilt piece will be made into a cellphone/digital camera tote. I live in Pennsylvania, in the mountains, 'way up in the north central part.

I love your art!
Diane

Sandra Evertson said...

Beautiful!
Sandra Evertson

Nancy said...

Oh, I love this little birdie...I think it is that beautiful fall-like color...and the sugar bowl is lovely.

Have a great day!
Hugs, Nancy

Alison Gibbs said...

Another sweet bird. I love the silver sugar bowl.
Alison

Unknown said...

Your birds are beautiful and your latest creation is no exception.

Unknown said...

Laurie, how pretty, they just keep getting better!

Kindredly, Lynne Laura

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

"Perfect" is the word that comes to mind - Love all those little birdies jsut waiting for their little beaks!
Colleen