Friday, June 27, 2008

Nest and Bird

On the search for farm fresh eggs...One place we check is in Hubbard, I LOVE this cluster of birdhouses. I have painted this a few times.

Another place we check for eggs is outside of Independence, they were out of eggs, but look what they gave me...the sweetest LITTLE nest...it was on the middle of their lawn...no trees, no shrubs...just the nest that the wind had picked up and gently sat down on the lawn...I am preserving it under glass...brought it into the house and the kitties where sure I brought it for them.lol As far as the little birdie I am showing, I'm going to take it back to Ebay. I would like to sell it before the 4th.
I had a wonderful surprise in the mail yesterday. The most perfect Pink and Aqua!!! Rosalyn-Sue
from the Little Blue Bird Diaries sent me these!! They are just gorgeous! I cant get them around here. THANK YOU Rosalyn-Sue!!

8 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Laurie,
Great birdhouse and the sweet nest will be perfect under glass. I love the pink and aqua glitter. I have some like it and it is so pretty. Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Celestina
la rea rose

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie! I love the birdhouses too! And the nest is so sweet! My boys found me a little hummingbird nest in the spring and I have it in an apothecary jar. Their something so precious about birds nests! They work so hard on them and they are beautiful too!

LOVE the glitter, such pretty colors! And of course the patriotic bird is perfect!

Hugs,
Amy

Unknown said...

Those birdhouses and the nest are all so sweet! I love the glitter, they really do look like sugar! I love the names of the glitter, too, how creative.

Sandy said...

The blue bird in the shoe is just adorable!

Unknown said...

Laurie, Laurie, Laurie! Good to see you again! I see you have been the busy bee while I've been away. I'm in love with the red coffee pot and the sweet red, white, and blue birdie. Absolutely perfect for my kitchen!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Liv

Vicki Chrisman said...

um.. yeh.. pretty sure I'm needing those colors for sure! you are an enabler Miss Laurie! lol

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Thanks for visiting! I just love your blog! I am a fan of primitive and vintage. You are right up my alley. :) I love your birhouses!

Kathy said...

Hi Laurie,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your little birds. They are so sweet!! Great birdhouse also.Have a great week Kath