Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Red White & Blue !!

Here is my latest primitive shoe. As you may have noticed, I like to try new things, so after I painted it red, I sanded it down...I loved the look, so I just left it, then lightly antiqued it. The ribbons were aged a bit. I added my colored glittered pins...red white and blue. This is going on to ETSY
I picked this up yesterday at our local goodwill..$5. Its ready for a re-do.
The other birdie I made for a maniquins shoulder. It is sitting on a nest of vintage netting surrounded by wonderful flowers, this velvet bow was part of the "nest" The picture below is the back side.
I have been tagged by Melissa
rules of the game: Each player answers the questions themselves. At the end of the post the player tags 4 people and posts their names, and goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know that they’ve been tagged asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answers.

5 things on my list today. Oh my goodness! I am SUCH a LIST maker...do I follow them...well, I try!! Ok, I have a list like this: Clean an apt, show and apt, sit by pool for a bit (yes, I put that on my list.lol Call back people that left me messages after hours. Then there is the personal list: Go to Bridgeport for lunch, Drive half an hour to go get farm eggs, Get todays blog up and running (which includes this one) Paint one of my little coasters and give my sewing box a coat of paint

Snacks I enjoy. LOVE licorice (black and red) Love scones, Love popcorn, potato chips with cottage cheese....yummmm

Things I would do if I were a millionaire. Go live in Paris for 6 mo. Go to Cape Cod for 6 mo. Give Stacey a dollar or two.lol. I really dont know what I would do

Places I have lived. Pasadena, Ca./ Salem, Or. /St. Cloud, Mn
I'll have to tag others later, I couldn't get it to work.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous as always Laurie!!! I just love the mannequin birdies :) And the patriotic one is too cute!

Hugs,
Amy

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love it!!
Mandii

Anonymous said...

The show is sooo darn cute! so you live around here? are you going to be at the 4th of july sale?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work!

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You have some fantastic things on yours!

Stina Blomgren said...

Hi there Laurie..
Love your fantastic pins ...they are amazing!! And thanks for visiting me...couldn´t reply you with email...you were noreply! So I´m doing it here... *S*

Karen said...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I have come by to visit yours. You are very creative! I must have my non blogging friend come by to check out your blog. She will love it.

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Who can resist a baby shoe?!

Karin said...

Wow, I love that shoe! And your birdies are gorgeous too, I've been eying the pincushions in your shop for ages! :)