Sunday, September 28, 2008

Another Blue Monday

Last day for this sweet BLUE birdie on my Ebay
I found this wonderful old frame. I did this watercolor today, just for this frame. Adding my little black bird and BLUE eggs
We took advantage of the nice weather and went to a favorite fishing spot. I worked on these little nests for more itsy bitsy charms. I'm painting little feathers on the back side
The sky and water are soooo BLUE....
As I'm walking through the woods, I am always on the look out for wonderful pieces of wood, branches, bark..I came across a few great pieces. I noticed there was a lot of bark that curled or cupped. As I'm picking them up wondering why they were like that...I picked one up, turned it upside down and I screeched!!! There was a baby snake inside...Im not squeamish about very much, I can handle the spiders, mice and insects...but snakes...NOOOOO!! I couldn't get over the feel of it, I scrubbed and scrubbed my hand...still creeps me out!!! Yes, my hubby got a big kick out it.lol.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy blue Monday. I love that water color!

Betty said...

The pictures are great! Yuck...a snake...how creepy is that? I'm with you...they have a purpose, but I don't want to be around them ever! Take care. Love your creations.

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

I love where you go fishing.Its so beautiful and peaceful.My hubby and I go fishing all the time,like you I'm always picking up stuff.Good luck with your birdie.Its really very pretty.Hugs Marie Antionette

Anonymous said...

I love the outdoors too but not the creepy crawly stuff that comes with it yikes.....
Love the watercolor,love your birdies!!
Diane

Anonymous said...

Our garden would probably creep you out Laurie. We have a "resident" garden snake that we've named "Mr. Slithers". He hunts the voles and moles and helps keep them from destroying the roots of our plants.
He's actually quite shy. Now...spiders are what FREAK me out TOTALLY!!!

Diane :-)

Susan Hickam said...

I love your blog-You make such beautiful things-I am sorry you picked up the snake-I can't stand them either and I have way too many in my yard! I will be back. Happy blue Monday!